Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to blend your leave out?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to blend your leave out?
    Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:29am
I am waiting for my QHP hair from Aliexpress. This is going to be my second install of Brazilian textured hair and I want to know how you ladies blend your leave out. I am natural so I will be grateful for natural ladies to help me out, but I will certainly take advice from ladies who are relaxed!LOL

My hair is hard to straighten at the roots and the ends of my hair is always frizzy and it sticks out from the rest of the hair. Are there any tricks? Lol.Cool

My hair does blend for the most part, but I cant get it to be laid down.Cry

Help Please !! :) 
Sponsored Links

MrsJHorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrsJHorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:37am
I use a heat protector, and flat iron very small sections of my leave out with my small flat iron. I make sure to tie it down every night so that I really only need to use the flat iron every 4 days or so. This works for me.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:46pm
Do your ends need to be trimmed? Can you press your roots? 
french_vanilla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:31pm
After detangling I add some PM super skinny then use my denman brush to pull and blow dry my roots straight. I don't comb through the section until the root is dry and straight, so I don't get breakage. Hope this makes sense? Then I flat iron on med/low to get the major kinks out and wrap for the night. I don't like to flat iron on high right after a wash because there's too much moisture in the hair still. Even if it's dry it's not dry, so it will revert really easy. Plus all the humidity in the air from blowdrying. The morning after, flat iron smooth and finish with some dry hairspray. This will usually last me a week before touchups are needed
french_vanilla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:34pm
Oh and when flat ironing, dont go straight out/down. Always give it a slight curve so that the ends are given direction instead of just doing whatever. Helps me, as my hair has a tendency to try and 'halo' out. Hth!
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by french_vanilla1 french_vanilla1 wrote:

After detangling I add some PM super skinny then use my denman brush to pull and blow dry my roots straight. I don't comb through the section until the root is dry and straight, so I don't get breakage. Hope this makes sense? Then I flat iron on med/low to get the major kinks out and wrap for the night. I don't like to flat iron on high right after a wash because there's too much moisture in the hair still. Even if it's dry it's not dry, so it will revert really easy. Plus all the humidity in the air from blowdrying. The morning after, flat iron smooth and finish with some dry hairspray. This will usually last me a week before touchups are needed

Wow, this is really helpful! Thanks you ! I will try this when my hair is installed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic