Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to achieve a #4 color with golden tones?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
hairluuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairluuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to achieve a #4 color with golden tones?
    Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:44pm
Hello ladies,

I have always bleached my dark virgin lace wig units using bleach with developer and they always lighten to the same colors, which are similar to a #33 or #30 color...which is an orange/auburn type color. I am African American and my natural hair color is a #4 with slight golden tones just like Vanessa Williams hair color was when she was younger; Google 'Vanessa Williams beauty queen' in Google images and some photos of her will come up and you can see the hair color and tones. This is how my natural hair color is... I always hope to achieve this color when bleaching, but never do, however, in the past, when I have had a lace front unit that is colored in 1B dye by the Chinese wig makers and I use RIT dye remover to remove the color from the hair, the dye comes off and the hair always turns to a very nice #4 color with plenty of golden tones! I don't understand that. lol. So my question is...how do I get naturally dark hair to a #4 color with golden tones when bleaching? I am tired of wearing #33/#30 orange/auburn hair...nothing wrong with it...it can be pretty at times, but it is not the look that I am going for.  Thanks so much ladies. I really appreciate your help.
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:19pm
I think u need to bleach, then use a toner to get the red out. Then dye it to #4 form there.
PATRICIA.B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PATRICIA.B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2014 at 5:43am
I've been looking for suggestions regarding such topic. Thanks to "hairluuver", for writing about it and "creole booty" for your helpful answer. Looking forward to follow up above suggested ways!! Thanks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic