Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How the *bleep* do yall handle this kinky curly?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How the *bleep* do yall handle this kinky curly?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:51am
I wear the kinky curly lace front everyday and it's work - but it's worth it! I  tried to tell the girl up above that you need product but .. of course, no one believes me. :)

My routine:

This hair is super-processed of course so you need PRODUCT at all times. There can never be a time when you go to sleep on it or go start the day WITHOUT product. I cannot over emphasize this point. You need PRODUCT. Otherwise it will dry out and everything will go south on you and before long it will die. L

Second …you have the handle this hair like Fine Lace … gentle.

- Before I wash I sit down and gently finger comb the unit to get the knots out. If your unit is moisturized day and night .., this will be a short process. I do this in small sections all over the head and then I get a large wide tooth comb and comb out section 1, then 2, them 3 .. you get the idea. So then the whole head is combed out. This should take MAYBE 10 minutes IF the hair is moisturized. If not .. it will take much longer and you will loosen the knots and tear the hair so that it SHEDs like crazy. This is the beginning of the end .. because after dealing with a dried up unit in this manner a few weeks .. it will die. L Been there done that

- THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I USE A COMB ON THE UNIT

- So again, you have the unit moisturized so that it says soft.

- Then I wash the unit in tepid or warm water (hot dries it out) by dipping it again and again. then apply conditioner – and later leave in conditioner. YOU CAN COMB THROUGH TO WASH/CO

- This is a must or it will dry out.

- Note there are a ton of products for curly hair! I use www.mixedchicks.com and http://www.mydevacurl.com/. If you try the other products for curly hair – like Miss Jessie’s or Kinky-Curly brand they are okay but they are heavier because to me they are designed for real kinky curly hair like a real head of 4c hair.

- You use the PRODUCT lightly .. not heavily …but you use them day and night.

- Buy a DIFFUSER for your hair dryer!

Yes, you do have to wet it almost everyday and then apply product. This is called a Wet and Go. Sometimes I can go a day or two without wetting it .. but the BEST curls (along) with product are created when it's and I like that look everyday.

- See this list http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/as a starter but there are more out there.

- Lastly you must ALWAYS seal the moisture in the hair so your very last step is to use oil. I use Moroccan oil or Argon oil. This another must!

- I love this girl’s hair – this is good hair! no, my units are not this big https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHy7UG1kiF0

- I love Tarun too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNiwGaJnJY~she is my ‘hair’ hero!

anyway - good luck!

Edited by Printer_Ink - Apr 24 2013 at 6:54am
Sponsored Links

lashannasmall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lashannasmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 11:57am
1. Is the hair good quality? I believe you said it came from Lace Wig Trend. I had a kinky straight unit from them that was very dry and damaged so I wouldn't be surprised if your kinky curly is the same. If you are having to do a lot to it, there is something wrong

2. Expectations- Make sure your expectations are in line with your purchase. Kinky hair has a mind of its own. That is one of the reasons I chose kinky hair because I wanted it to be be a bit wild like my own natural hair. If you want perfectly tamed hair, I would stick with the silkier curly versions.

3. Seriously, you should be able to co wash it, condition it, put in leave in conditioner and a little gel and be good for a few days. If that is not happening, you probably have a bad batch of hair.

4. You said you did not like it separating but that is what defining and using denman brushes does to 3A-4A curls. When it dries, it separates into little curl clusters.   Maybe you should skip step and just put in leave in conditioner. 
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

That spritz sounds really good! Do the oils weigh the hair down at all?
It Actually doesn't weigh my hair down and it is not oil.... I ensure that the proportion of the aloe vera and leave-in are higher than the oils.
Also the oils that I use are known to absorb into the hair more quickly thus being more nourishing without leaving a "greasy" appearance.

Also if you want to try to make it, try with less oils first (took me a while to get it right) and be sure to shake it up be for using to ensure it is well mixed. The oils serve to seal in the moisture from the aloe vera and the leave-in.

HTHWink

Edited by GphiD08 - Apr 24 2013 at 7:57pm
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:33am

Ladies great advice...AK how do you do a finger coil?

01bella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01bella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 5:17am
This is my first kinky curly. Wow this hair is so Big!! Do you ladies think i should thin it more? I thin it alot already but it seems like i need to thin it out even more. http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/01bella1/media/Picture268_zps95625781.jpg. -

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/01bella1/media/Picture274_zps5cade44d.jpg. - http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/01bella1/media/Picture265_zpsff009bbc.jpg. -

01bella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01bella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 5:23am
http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/01bella1/media/Picture261_zpscac57bb0.jpg. -
http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/01bella1/media/Picture267_zps1f94ea6f.jpg. -
CreatingALegacy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CreatingALegacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 1:08pm
All I wear is kinky curly hair and kinky straight weaves. I personally love the high maintenance of the hair! 

I bought a spray bottle from Sally's (1.69) and I spray my hair down with water and a little bit of the Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner then brush through my hair with my D3 Denman brush and BAM, I'm ready to go. If I don't want to deal with my hair on a down day I normally twist back the front (without wetting it) with my natural hair then put it in a ponytail and spray down the ponytail just a few times and run my fingers through it and then I'm done for the day.   

@01Bella1 - Pretty hurrrr. Smile

Edited by CreatingALegacy - Apr 27 2013 at 1:09pm
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 4:27pm
It didn't take my KC very long to dry, but it also wasn't very dense. Maybe 1.5 packs. It's co-washed in the shower and a few hours through a normal day of activity it's dry. I also ring the sh!t out of it, like a towel after the shower so it's not soaked by the time I leave the house.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 1:49am
I agree, I enjoy the up keep as well, it's fun to me and not that difficult.
TooBlessed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 3:28pm
I couldn't wait to get my curly in.  I have had this hair for about three years now and it has yet to fail me!

anyhow, my routine is this:
What I find is that 'managing' my kinky curls on a Sunday night will last me throughout the week.

*First I use Suave clarifying shampoo to remove any and everything and then I throw in some conditioner and leave in for about 30 minutes with a plastic bag and towel wrapped around my head.
*rinse the conditioner out
*To define my curls, (while hanging my head), I plop some Cantu conditioner on the hair and use a denman to brush through the curls.
*to keep the moisture on the hair, I put a quarter size dap of Moisture Blok on the hair (specifically the ends)
*Then I use some John Freida frizz-ease spritz to keep the curls.

I then get out my hair dryer, dry the hair (head hanging down) and wah-lah, my curls last throughout the week (but you must pineapple your hair in a silk scarf every night).  In the morning, all if have to do is shake and go.

Edited by TooBlessed - Apr 29 2013 at 3:29pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System