Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How old is too old to start a music career?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

When you wanna rap at pilars age.

Lol...

Very few genres allow you to break in at the senior years

and sports
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 6:44pm
Depends on what that mouth do for real for real.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:29pm
my nephew (one I posted about earlier in thread) is back in Bahia now with his band. He just sent me a video of them running on the beach this morning while I was here with darn near frozen tootsies. I hate him, this week.
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

princess, are you a singer or a rapper?

do you have a youtube channeL?

Not yet but I will make one! I am a singer
Do you have a manager?

I don't think I need one, i thought managers were for people who are already signed to a label

Not necessarily. Sometimes having someone focused on the business side can free you up to focus on the quality of the product. A manager is good sometimes bc as an indie, it can be hard for other businesses to take you seriously. Case in point, the agency I created only works on a b2b basis. I find that often enough, the actual artist isn't thinking about the business aspects in terms of the marketing, PR & promotional work that needs to go into "making it". And often enough, many mainstream firms won't even entertain a dialogue with you when you're an indie artist with no form of representation.

On the flip side, not everyone who says they're a manager is actually any good at it. However, I know S. Florida has a lot of reputable artist management firms if what you're looking for is someone local. I would suggest aligning with an artist management company with a reputation for at least getting their artists booked or having radio airplay in their regional market. Find artists that you like in your region, and see who's managing them.

Do artists have to pay upfront or is it like a modeling agency where the management only makes money if you do?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

my nephew (one I posted about earlier in thread) is back in Bahia now with his band. He just sent me a video of them running on the beach this morning while I was here with darn near frozen tootsies. I hate him, this week.

does this genre make good income?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:45pm
he does pretty well. He gave up an awesome career salary job to do this tho. He's a grown man if that makes any difference. He's about my age, which is BHM-oldLOL.  But he makes enough to pay his alimony and CS payments. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:46pm
^^oh, and he writes too.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:55pm

he does pretty well. He gave up an awesome career salary job to do this tho. He's a grown man if that makes any difference. He's about my age, which is BHM-oldLOL.  But he makes enough to pay his alimony and CS payments. 

How old are you purple? I am  starting music industry old , 22 lol 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:58pm
I'm close to 50. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:59pm

I'm close to 50. 

Cool. Age is nothing but a numberTongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair