Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How old is too old to start a music career?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wuts-rly-good View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wuts-rly-good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Good let me ask you. From the people you know who are "in the industry" that you know on a personal level, that have mad talent mind you...how many has made a true dent in being a cross-country success?

The reason I ask is that I worked in music industry for years in Atlanta and I know many many people that imo are tremendously talented but aren't gonna buss. It's just the nature of the industry...so what at what point do you understand this and just get what you can get and move on?

at this point ehhh,none really

as far as upcoming artists no.some might have managers who are well connected but their poor work ethic and attitude once they signed that contract ruined their chances.matter of fact i knew one and his career took off videos everywhere but his poor attitude towards others landed him back in the hood

as far as producers and writers same sh*t.some has 1 or two hits with an artists but cant seem to get anymore placements years after that.the industry is tricky so if you not getting money doing other sh*t you aint gonna be relevant at all.if this was the 90s when there was money to throw on anyone,cool.right now you gotta give em a reason to give you money
Sponsored Links

el_bandido View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote el_bandido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:00pm
Well Im still working at it and im gonna continue to try my group is getting better with every song, our producer is getting better, we did decent in the online contest, did our first photo shoot last week, and were gonna start shooting video's soon. I really think its about the effort you put in it and how much you are willing to invest in yourself.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by wuts-rly-good wuts-rly-good wrote:

Good let me ask you. From the people you know who are "in the industry" that you know on a personal level, that have mad talent mind you...how many has made a true dent in being a cross-country success?

The reason I ask is that I worked in music industry for years in Atlanta and I know many many people that imo are tremendously talented but aren't gonna buss. It's just the nature of the industry...so what at what point do you understand this and just get what you can get and move on?

as far as upcoming artists no.some might have managers who are well connected but their poor work ethic and attitude once they signed that contract ruined their chances.matter of fact i knew one and his career took off videos everywhere but his poor attitude towards others landed him back in the hood

as far as producers and writers same sh*t.some has 1 or two hits with an artists but cant seem to get anymore placements years after that.the industry is tricky so if you not getting money doing other sh*t you aint gonna be relevant at all.if this was the 90s when there was money to throw on anyone,cool.right now you gotta give em a reason to give you money
If I could direct anyone, I think the best bet is behind the scene...ie writing/producing. You have a better shot. Good friends of mine have been grinding for years and have some commercial success, but their money came from writing for the major artist. I guess you're perspective has to be it's a business and if you can make a niche to make you're money do it...the fame if it comes or not, you agenda is different...if that makes sense?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:08pm
there's no age that is too old unless you're trying to sell sex or youth.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote wuts-rly-good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by wuts-rly-good wuts-rly-good wrote:

If I could direct anyone, I think the best bet is behind the scene...ie writing/producing. You have a better shot. Good friends of mine have been grinding for years and have some commercial success, but their money came from writing for the major artist. I guess you're perspective has to be it's a business and if you can make a niche to make you're money do it...the fame if it comes or not, you agenda is different...if that makes sense?

yea writing and producing is where its easiest to get in at.im a writer and ive had success with that,especially now getting tv/film placements.the way i see it its like even though im a writer i want to get money in other aspects of the industry,so right now im working with my partner to do this consultant thing and get producers material placed with artists.it will build more connections and we get a cut and credits off what they make.the fame will come but you gotta make sure you get your $$$ and have something to show for your hard work.even if you lowkey you can still be well known through out the industry behind the scenes
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wuts-rly-good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

Well Im still working at it and im gonna continue to try my group is getting better with every song, our producer is getting better, we did decent in the online contest, did our first photo shoot last week, and were gonna start shooting video's soon. I really think its about the effort you put in it and how much you are willing to invest in yourself.

yea it is the effort you put in and how much you invest yourself to make it in here

another thing i see you doign the group thing.word to the wise and because of the nature of the industry,make sure YOU stand out in the group.im saying this because when it comes to groups there is always a favorite member or two that everyone loves from the fans to the a&rs and execs.plus there is always that one group member who doesnt put in alot of effort that the other group members put in.so make sure you are the face of the group,make sure your bars is tight to where ppl only like your verses or play your verses over and over.and if you have a good rapping voice that works as well.also try to do different type of songs even if you dont like it.like you can do a trap song or some other type of song(idk what your sound is so im just thowing stuff out there) just to see if you are versatile and they wanna put someone out your group on an r&b or pop song.gotta go the distance in the game

but you are still young and getting things together so keep it up and meet as much ppl you can in the industry even if you have to goto showcases and events by yourself
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:49pm
Understand..

...I like that you have a plan and have created a niche for yourself...you will definitely get to where you want to be if you can provide a service.

Have you worked at all with people from the A? If so have you heard of Verse, Rock City or Sham AKA Sak Pase? Verse is now an artist, but he and Sak Pase used to produce. Rock City are writers for any major artist you can name...and Sak Pase produced Man Down on Rihanna last album...The industry is a crazy place, but with perseverance & talent..you can get in...

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Dec 15 2012 at 2:19pm
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:57pm
PR has been slacking. Smh. But I finally got a video crew. Graphic designer. And working on a live band crew. I'm glad I went to a performing arts school

Its. Just the moneyyy.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:58pm
I cant believe this is another old azz thread that i've reading. Smh
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 1:59pm
ROCK CITY IS THE ISHHHH

*sings* IM LOSIN ITTTTTTTT
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures