Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How old is too old to start a music career?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

princess...what major city are you from or nearest?

I am from Miami and most labels down here focus mainly on rap or latin music though
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

It's difficult at any age but once you hit 35+ it's very difficult to break into mainstream.

I think there should always be a plan b/"real job" on a person's radar. You can go to school/work while practicing your craft.
What about Tamar is 35, and she has number 1 hit on itunes!

Her song is freaking amazing! Lerv it!
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

I am from Miami and most labels down here focus mainly on rap or latin music though

What style of music do you feel most comfortable singing?

I know a lot of house heads in Miami tho...thanks to Ultra Records.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Pop and dance music are really what I am looking forward to creating. Thank you so much modelbuisness82 for all your advice!Hug I feel like I got better advice from you than a musician I know. But then again he is in one of them hipster bands.

Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:04pm
What about the Ji man? Jay - z was 23 when he got into the music industry.

Edited by Jr1127 - Dec 15 2012 at 3:04pm
wuts-rly-good View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wuts-rly-good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by wuts-rly-good wuts-rly-good wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Understand..

...I like that you have a plan and have created a niche for yourself...you will definitely get to where you want to be if you can provide a service.

Have you worked at all with people from the A? If so have you heard of Verse, Rock City or Sham AKA Sak Pase? Verse is now an artist, but he and Sak Pase used to produce. Rock City are writers for any major artist you can name...and Sak Pase produced Man Down on Rihanna last album...The industry is a crazy place, but with perseverance & talent..you can get in...

i heard of them,havent worked with them yet.i connected and deal with a few ppl from the A but i havent been out there since last year on business.a couple of my ppls up here that i worked with in nyc went down there to work at other music companies and they are doing their thing.I plan on going down there 2013 and stay for a minute to do business
Well I wish you success my Brother. I haven't been in music since I left Atlanta. I love those guys, they're like my family...but I can't sacrifice my children for a dream...ya feel me? I miss it, but I gotta look out for my family, and it takes too much of my personal time.

thank you.question,how long ago did you leave atl and the music industry alone?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

What about the Ji man? Jay - z was 23 when he got into the music industry.

Theres so much sexism in the industry though. Men are allowed to get old but women aren'tDead. People are already telling Beyonce she too old at 31. smh.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:12pm
going on 4 years now. I've know Biddy who manages Verse/Sham and work closely with RC for about 14 years...and the guys I've known for about 5yrs...I worked a lot with DJ's. Scream, Smallz from FLA, Drama, Cannon & DJ Sense...The Aphillates, Cannon, Drama & Sense...we all had an office when we were just starting out.... Those my peoples...Alex is major in the A...owned one of the biggest clubs in Altanta...like my fam too...Atlanta is the spot to get it crackin now if you want to make great connects. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:14pm
Luckily for B, she is incapable of aging 

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:37pm

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Pop and dance music are really what I am looking forward to creating. Thank you so much modelbuisness82 for all your advice!Hug I feel like I got better advice from you than a musician I know. But then again he is in one of them hipster bands.

you're welcome mama! happy to help! Embarrassed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style