Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHow often do u wash ur weave?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Tara_Star View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How often do u wash ur weave?
    Posted: Feb 28 2005 at 5:54pm
Hi,
I have had my weave in for a week now and it's starting to feel greesy. Still looks neat but day to day products are gonna build up I can tell. I'm scared to wash it in case i comes out lol. How often shoukd i wash and what do u wash - just the fake weave part of all ur head even the scalp???

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AND ANSWER MY QUESTION
Thanks

Edited by Tara_Star
Sponsored Links

Flamingo1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 5:02am

Hi Tara

I have in Bohyme Deep Wave and I wash my hair once a week. I shampoo and condition my whole head in the shower, so the hair is lying in 1 direction and doesn't tangle.

I use caucasian people's shampoo and conditoner on the weave hair and our shampoo and conditioner on my own.

Tara_Star View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 7:42am
Awww thanks for responding .

But one more thing, how long does ur weave last due to washing etc...

Thanks
MsIreland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 8:07am

Hey Tara Star from my experience a positive outcome from washing your weave depends entirely on the hair you purchased. If you got good quality hair like remi / remy you can wash it a often as you like and it won't tangle because the hairs are all facing the same direction (imagine the surface of the hair like scales on a fish) Hair that is poor quality tangles up especially if washed or rubbed together and sometimes it's never the same after you wash it.

Washing should not shorten the life of your weave provided the hair is sewn in correctly. I have a lot of caucasian customers and they would wash their have a least every 2-3days and it last them 3months and I'd wash my weave every 7-10days. I use a shampoo and conditioner that are the same brand because i find they work better together and i wash it in a downwards motion. i dont rub the hair in a circular motion and i wash the whole lot together. hope that helps

Edited by MsIreland
Tara_Star View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 8:16am
I have bought Sleek hair. Apparantly it's ok but it was cheap - not like remy etc. I just didn't have the cash at the time. It's been fine so far, gotten wet a few times at bottom not tangled etc. I think i'll risk it!!! Just that I' going away in a week (actually to New York!!! - I can't wait) and I don't wanna ruin it for my trip. I suppose if worst came to worst i could get ity done in NY coz I'm staying with my Aunt. But I don't wanna spend a day of my holiday getting my hai done !!

Thank you Flamingo and MsIreland, this is my first sew in and you have both helped me.
Flamingo1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 10:22am

So far, I've been using the same hair for the past 4 months and no tangelling while washing or after. It looks just the same as when first used it.

Its like what MsIreland says it depends on the quality of the hair.

I've used sleek in the past as well as the other Bss brands and find that once it has been washed thats the end, time for new hair.

I wouldn't advise washing it, but as your going to NY you could buy some hair over there ,like Sensational Goddess remi, etc and maybe get your hair done over there or when you come back here.

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2005 at 1:45am

I was recommended instead of washing your hair then use rubbing alcohol or sea breeze on the scalp.  Afterwards, make sure that you oil your scalp to replace the lost moisture.

My last weave last 2 1/2 months.  It wasn't matted or dry underneathe and had actually an inch.

weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2005 at 1:57am

i wouldnt use alcohol..too much risk of getting it on your hair. i can sense the breakage possibility a mile away

but the seabreeze is a good method, i use that while i have in braids

mahogany814 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2005 at 6:28am

Tara Star,

I haved used Sensationnell goddess remy straight and I wash and condition ALL of my hair every week. I ususally keep my weaves for no more than 2 1/2 months.  This hair is good stuff -never tangled or matted!  I just got my hair re-done with some indianhairs hand-tied straight last week.  I will wash it this weekend.  I have taken tips from many of th women here on how to care for this hair - I am confident that all will work out! A good ceramic iron is a must have staple!  HTH!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic