FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How often do/did yall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

Author
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:08pm
My mother and I didn't get along at all before I moved out at 18. I'm talking horrible arguments and if she got mad enough, she'd even get physical.

There were times when I would go live with my cousin for a week or so, and we'd have that cooling off period.

I left at 18, never moved back, but we get along GREAT now. Lots of talking, laughing, joking, and supporting one another.

Must be something about us being under the same roof tho, cuz I can't stay too long when I visit home or the battles are epic.
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

don't mean to make this thread depressing but if you still have your parents, I'm sure those little arguments aren't even worth it. Water under the bridge. Sometimes you can bite your tongue and just let it go. There may be a time where you won't be able to argue with them anymore. 

IA and i really try to think of that, i really do, but this man, i swear he is the ONLY person that takes me from 0 to 60 in nanoseconds. i be havin to get him alllll the way together, no love is lost though, we always make up at the end of the day Heart
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I thought it was a Caribbean thing. Caribbean women don't play. Your mama is so much like that...I think it's because you're in the south. I find southerners and Caribbean folk to be very similar. 

& she is caribbean???? omg.  it must be an island thing.
 yeah she is.
 all caribbean mamas are the same person...pretty much. And jones' mama. LOL

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:53pm
Anyway I just got back from grocery shopping with my mommy dearest. We meet at the super market every Sunday and she shops for us both. 
My mother is my dearest friend, we have each other's back till the end. ugh I love her so!!!!
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:07pm
Before I moved out for college, things would constantly get heated. She would take out her frustrations with work, my sister and my sister's father out on me. 

Once I moved out, she started to realize that my sister was the actual problem, but obviously not enough as when I would come home during the summer, she would start all that bullsh*t again.

This past summer we had a huge blowup. It lasted a good week and everything I'd been feeling for the last 10 years came out. There was a lot of yelling, and crying, and "how dare you say that to me"s, but we're better because of it. She had to reevaluate the way she treated me, and the way she coddled my sister.

Now, she's my favorite adult! (besides myself!)

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Dec 23 2012 at 4:08pm
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:25pm
NEVER

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

NEVER

I was coming in to say the same.

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:54pm
It's unimaginable. I can't even fathom the thought.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 5:03pm
we dont argue. my mom is really mild and very indecisive so with a little smooth talk she come over to my sideCool. she a sweet, small, helpful mother, so you'll immediately feel guilty if you raise your voice at her.
Im the only girl and the youngest so my dad is more lenient with me. He doesnt let me do much cause he's scared for me, but he pretty much gives me whatever i want if it within his means.
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 5:20pm
Mothers raise their daughters and love their sons.
We would get into little spats sometimes because of the double standards.

But I love my mommy tho.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic