How often do/did yall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:41pm
with my dad, almost never.
with my mom, all the time. we are just too much alike.
she is still the best though.

&it has gotten better since I moved out.

Edited by csungrl09 - Dec 23 2012 at 12:47pm
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

My mother is an OCD clean freak. If I leave a magazine on the coffee table for a minute to go brab my lip balm or lotion my hands, when I come back it will be back on the bookshelf by the time I return Stern Smile

She is hard to please, she's not satisfied with the level of house work anyone does but her, and she nags all the time about things not being done properly. 
I try not to be like that....but now that I'm in that position, I too am a clean freak and feel like my house work is the only one that gets the house clean Stern Smile

She's a Gemini, so I had to quickly learn that she is just naturally hot and cold. She doesn't hold grudges for long. One min she's mad, the next minute she's hugging you or sharing her food with you. 

you just described my mom.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:45pm

I thought it was a Caribbean thing. Caribbean women don't play. Your mama is so much like that...I think it's because you're in the south. I find southerners and Caribbean folk to be very similar. 

& she is caribbean???? omg.  it must be an island thing.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:50pm
don't mean to make this thread depressing but if you still have your parents, I'm sure those little arguments aren't even worth it. Water under the bridge. Sometimes you can bite your tongue and just let it go. There may be a time where you won't be able to argue with them anymore. 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

I thought it was a Caribbean thing. Caribbean women don't play. Your mama is so much like that...I think it's because you're in the south. I find southerners and Caribbean folk to be very similar. 

& she is caribbean???? omg.  it must be an island thing.

Lol no
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:57pm
Lol @ Island thing. 
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:58pm
I've had only one argument with my parents (in 2008), and it was EXPLOSIVE. I lit them up like a Christmas tree (LOL), but we were on the phone LOL! Yelling and screaming and hanging up and calling back and yelling some more LOL! Before that time, I was as meek and mild as a church mouse. After that argument, our relationship tightened even more. We've always been the best of friends, but that argument solidified our bond, and they respect me as an 'adult' now as well as their child.

Growing up in an Indian household is hard. The 'washbelly' - or the youngest child - has to treat everyone older than them - siblings included - as their authority figure, so anyone who is older than me I have to respect as my elder. You even acknowledge those older than you by appending 'jii' to the end of their titles as a signal of respect. So, I don't call my sister by her name, I have to call her by her title 'eldest sister', so 'behen-jii'. It's formal respect in every aspect...

...but once I started paying taxes and car notes and my own rent/property taxes, things had to change Stern SmileLOL.

It was hard for them to let go of that tradition, but seriously, I can't travel 4,000 miles at the drop of a dime when I work and attend school full time and have a household of my own to run. My family will expect me - as the youngest - to do just that. We had to sort that out post haste LOL.
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by lovelife lovelife wrote:

i lived with my grandma
we'd get into it like once a week
i was honestly treated unfairly and i was a great kid

Hug I hate hearing things like this. 
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:05pm
I remember my mom came to my school (I was in primary school) with a Scotch Brite and Dettol and said that I would NEVER leave the house again without properly cleaning the floor. She drove all the way to my school and had them call me to the principal's office.

She did it again one morning I left without eating breakfast and taking my seven seas vitamins - had me come all the way to the office and sit down and eat LOL. That woman is a psycho Heart.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:08pm
Lol the other week I was on the phone with her and I told her I was ordering pizza.
Mann she threw a fit.
It was 8 o clock and dark and she did not want that delivery man at my door .

She made me put her on speaker until he came and she spoke to him .
He was nice and talked to her and said he understood her concerns.

Crazy

Edited by jonesable - Dec 23 2012 at 1:08pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon