Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How much does a sew-in usually cost in your area?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHow much does a sew-in usually cost in your area?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2007 at 7:16am
Originally posted by MyOtherLife MyOtherLife wrote:

Consider that a steal!  I've had weaves done for $40 that were basic but just fine, a weave for $100 that was busted and a weave for $400 that was flawless/fabulous!!!!

Just make sure you're clear in what you want/dont want and get some quality hair.  Aint nothing like a terrific install and crappy hair or vice versa.

This is SOOO true. I have a install in now that is great. I haven't had a since track come up and its been in about 6 weeks. I definitely believe that you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links

tigereyes83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2007 at 12:43pm
Call me Cheap but I had the 300 to 400 dollars ones and it looked like cousin it. Now that was back in the day in High School. Since then I have stepped up the quality hair and different stylist. She does it from home and only charges 30 - 40 Although I always give her 60 plus. I love the results. I think she is a lot better than alot of the sew ins done around my area. But I'm not in a major city ethier.
rosario View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2007 at 7:21pm
Cost me $95 to have one of the flattest best weaves ever in Los Angeles! I was so frustrated with BS weavers I was doing my own for awhile.This is the first time I got a weave and actually felt good giving up my hard earned cash.
MiSs TiEa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2007 at 11:11pm
seattle 150+
foxyaka07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 1:26am

In Chicago, a sew-in ranges from $85-500 depending on the style and the stylist.  $140 is the average price I have paid. 

Chief View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 6:53pm

Like Diva said it depends who is doing it what salon you go to.  I have heard prices range from $100-400.  I pay about $200, but at my last install my stylist said she was thinking about going down in her prices for 2007.  Sounds good to me.Thumbs%20Up

OT, Speaking of prices... I buy Biostrand hair products and met the owner of the company last weekend.  He is a hair stylist who is no longer doing hair and told me he used to charge $350-$400 for a relaxer!!!  Now I have never heard a price that steep for a relaxer in Chicago!  He must have been doing Oprah's hair!

Edited by Chief - Jan 20 2007 at 6:54pm
mltrs62 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 8:09pm
Toronto 300.00 but it includes relaxer as well as take down and reinstall, good deal and great stylist.
Nichelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 9:12pm
$80 in Greensboro, well High Point NC
Mltrs62- you relax and then do an install right away?  I've been waiting to do my install but wish I could put it in right away!
lipz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 6:46pm

Double post (see below)

Edited by lipz - Jan 21 2007 at 6:47pm
lipz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by mltrs62 mltrs62 wrote:

Toronto 300.00 but it includes relaxer as well as take down and reinstall, good deal and great stylist.

WOW, what salon is that! Because thats alot of money. Im in toronto, and my sew in costs me about $90, the most i ever paid was $100, and my weaves are always top notch and flat as ever. I guess you have to find a good stylist, if the stylists works for someone in a salon, then the prices are higher. I always go to a stylists who owns her own salon, or works from home, so she sets her own prices.

But so if you pay 300 for all that, whats the price breakdown? Because to take out my weave, my stylists doesnt charge much if at all maybe $10. Then a relaxer is no more than $60. So does that mean that the sew in is about $200+?

Im not talking about fusion or aything fancy, just a good old  full head sew in "flat" weave!

Call me cheap i guess..lol Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic