Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow much do you pay for a sew-in weave?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Hair ViVi

Author
MissDarkEyes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:13pm
$150 for a full sew in, 25 for take down.  wj0147:  what does a 30 dollar weave look like?!?!?Shocked
Sponsored Links

Curly1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:24pm
$250 for a takedown, wash, deep condition, reinstall, and style.  I usually don't need a style, because I wear curly hair.

OT - For you Chicago ladies, please PM me with your local stylist suggestions.  My stylist is good, but not great-although my hair is growing well.  I would love to save the $$, especially since I need 3 packs of hair for my big head!!ShockedLOL

Tea4Two View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by MissDarkEyes MissDarkEyes wrote:

$150 for a full sew in, 25 for take down.  wj0147:  what does a 30 dollar weave look like?!?!?Shocked

I guess a $30 weave looks like this

marilyn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 3:18pm
you would not believe what I charge for the quality of work I put forthCry
MissDarkEyes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Originally posted by MissDarkEyes MissDarkEyes wrote:

I guess a $30 weave looks like this

LOL  Po' Britt Britt!
msmack1970 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by ILUVHAIR ILUVHAIR wrote:

Oh....I forgot to add I charge 25.00 for take down and shampoo. SO if my client is in need of a take down and shampoo the total is 110.00. Takes about 4 hours to do all of that. Specialty cuts and and styyles other than a basic flat iron is extra too.

Damn...I really am cheap!! But guess what....within the next year everyone in town will be lookin' me up for a weave. So I may have to work a lil' harder than the rest for my money like I said before....u gotta crawl before u can walk. In a year my a$$ will be runnin' baby!

ILUVHAIR - I am there with you. Every single person asks me 'why are your prices so cheap'?. There are those that think because your prices are low that you dont' do a good job, you're in the hood, etc. For alot that is the case but there are those few that don't fit that mold. I enjoy weaving hair and I do it effortlessly. I work a full-time job that I absolutely love and doing hair is a great extra income. I get tons of repeat customers and referrals galore. Yes, I do hair out of my home and yes, it's a 'basic' set up but I get the job done. I don't charge anything for take down because it usally takes me about 10-15 minutes tops to take a weave out so it's not a big deal for me to charge for that, especially if I'm reinstalling. I am comfortable right now with the prices that I charge. I don't sell myself short at all because I've seen some $200-$500 weaves (went all up and through them) to see what was the difference in what their technique as opposed to mine and guess what? There wasn't! It's all about personal preferences and really what makes you comfortable.

Edited by msmack1970 - Feb 19 2008 at 3:35pm
Thyckecutie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 3:54pm
I wish I could find a place in CT that does a good sew in and also style it. I always go to NY(125th) to get my hair done and they dont even style it(i've seen this). I never got a sew in before but I want to. Just want to make sure I pick the right place
Unique Monique View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 3:56pm
Nothing, I do it myself, but in the past, the most i paid was 175.00
meanie23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 6:30pm
I have paid the Africans on 125th St in NYC $80 for a weave w/invisible braids in the front and horseshoe. I keep the weaves in 2 months.  Unfortunately the person who has braided my hair for the past 5 years doesn't have a shop anymore and I don't particularly like who she referred me to.

I recently traveled to Brooklyn to get a sew in and it's done well and she didn't braid my hair  too tight and it doesn't itch as much and I am sure this has to do with her braiding my hair only and not adding that kankelon(sp) hair the Africans do.  So even though it's a circular pattern the braids underneath aren't so big.  I have hair with a body wave and she left hair out in the front and a horseshoe in the middle that I went and got braided up the other day b/c I can't be bothered w/blending.  We shall see if it's worth the trip.  She charged $120 and that would've included a shampoo,cut and style if I needed it but I didn't and she didn't lower the price.  So again I'll see if going to her for curly hair is worth it vs. the Africans. 

I would definitely go to her for a straight hair style since Africans do no styling at all but I have not had a straight hair install as of yet. 
DIYchic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 6:40pm
I do my own so it is FREEEEE Tongue
But when I charge to do others it is from 40+ depending on whether it is full or not, styled or not etc.
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
  Share Topic