Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How minorities were used to stop black progression
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How minorities were used to stop black progression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

everything he talked about was on point...mostly about businesses...Asians, spanish, arabs owning their own businesses and helping their own communities...so true..so true...

also the trust issue amongst us blacks when it comes to businesses...that is a major problem also..i go to these asian stores and they employ blacks, but not one black is on the register and if they r on the register there is an asian right there next to them while they ring up customers..

blacks don;t want to pay for the price of the item, always want to bargain with the owners to pay a cheaper price. So being a black business owner isn;t always a great thing also..

but i love everything he talked about and too bad if he hurt some feelings....

yesterday a friend of mine tole me a story about a friend of hers that is always tryna help the brothers.  He owns a contracting business.  He always tries to get bruhs that he knows needs a little change to handle some jobs.  Painting etc.  

She said that she had to hear from a female friend of hers (who utilized her male friends contracting services) about one of these dudes tryna hit on her while he was over painting her rooms.  She was very uncomfortable because he kept asking her if she had a man and wouldn't drop it.  Not to say that this is all folks but what i'm getting at is professionalism.  Why is it such a prollem for ...some black businesses?   The man had keys to her house so he could work while she was not there.  She ended up leaving and once the job was done she changed the locks.

We need to support our own but we also need professionalism a part of this.  I don't mind paying more for a product if it's from a black owned business but do me right.  Treat me like you would treat a white person coming into your shop.
Sponsored Links

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

We need to support our own but we also need professionalism a part of this.  I don't mind paying more for a product if it's from a black owned business but do me right.  Treat me like you would treat a white person coming into your shop.

Well said.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:51am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

And I looooooooooved the part where he said no other group begged for equality, they went out and created their own.

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Being honest about how the racist climate Whites have created is not the same thing as appealing to the moral consciousness of the White group, it's simply stating the facts. I'm tired of Black people blaming Black people for living in a racist culture. We can not shoulder ALL the responsibility of not having a better off community because it's simply not realistic when you're thee targeted racial minority in a country where the majority are hell bent on sabotaging your group success.

I never said or insinuated that Black people should "beg" for equality (and I know you never said I did) but we should never stop vocalizing how their racism is not natural and is a factor in our lives. Black people taking White racism in stride and silence is not to our benefit.

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

If you look hispanics/latinos dont give a damn about equality they just want to stay here and make money and now they are the biggest group and the most catered to.

Asians, south asians every group you can think of create thier own nook. We are still fighting for a piece of the white ppls pie (this was a thread)

I get what your saying AA, but lso remember a lot of those whites were founders i think he did a good job straddling the line. More flys with honey

Blackness being the fulcrum makes it easier for non-Black people of color to slip in the system and do better collectively because the heat of White supremacy is focused on us. They are not catered to solely because of their wealth but because the are the rising demographic.

You can not group South Asians from wartorn countries who now live in American ghettos like many of us in with East Asian descended Asian Americans who are living off the so-called privilege of the model minority myth. Very different groups

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic