Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How minorities were used to stop black progression
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How minorities were used to stop black progression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:46pm
Errthang purrpose said
Sponsored Links

PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurrPoZe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Errthang purrpose said

yup

Thanks ladies. It's all about self preservation. Do we care more about the issues of the native Americans than we do about our people? No. We are in a civilized world but the game is very much primitive as far as race is concerned
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 1:21am
everything he talked about was on point...mostly about businesses...Asians, spanish, arabs owning their own businesses and helping their own communities...so true..so true...

also the trust issue amongst us blacks when it comes to businesses...that is a major problem also..i go to these asian stores and they employ blacks, but not one black is on the register and if they r on the register there is an asian right there next to them while they ring up customers..

blacks don;t want to pay for the price of the item, always want to bargain with the owners to pay a cheaper price. So being a black business owner isn;t always a great thing also..

but i love everything he talked about and too bad if he hurt some feelings....
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 2:36am
I'm not gonna speak for ragin but let me just say that I have no problem with Dr. Anderson calling out Black people for not taking responsibility for our part in our problems... Hi, I'm Alias Smile

What I have a problem with is his pacifying his words for the comfort of the White audience members. He mentioned "it's not your fault White people" way too many times for my liking but worst of all, it's simply not true.

Being honest about how the racist climate Whites have created is not the same thing as appealing to the moral consciousness of the White group, it's simply stating the facts. I'm tired of Black people blaming Black people for living in a racist culture. We can not shoulder ALL the responsibility of not having a better off community because it's simply not realistic when you're thee targeted racial minority in a country where the majority are hell bent on sabotaging your group success. That is done by threatening and/or intimidating any Black person who falls into any level of political power.

You fail to see that stating this is not absolving Black politicians for being intimidated and ignoring their responsibilities to their voters.

Let me say this again because I'm sure someone might overlook this....
This is not absolving Black politicians for being intimidated and ignoring their responsibilities to their voters.

However, this IS being honest about the part the racist White group plays in shaping the political climate in which Blacks feel the need to ignore their own (what's wrong with coming right out and saying "Hey White people, because your group is so staunchly insecure, hateful and racist, you have create a climate where successful Black politicians feel pressured to ignoring their people"). What's wrong is that he's not bold enough to say that. Instead he says "it's not White people against you, it's your own people" which is a half-truth and a full lie.

16:58 - He admits that there are "taboos" for Black politicians elected to office... 1. You can't talk about "Black issues" (coughObamacough). However, no mention of why that is (because White people obviously don't want Black people to have any benefits in any capacity).

29:20 - He implies that Black people have a lack of benefits because our Civil Rights leaders failed to ask for what they specifically needed. Okay, let's play stupid along with White people and pretend that we don't know that Black people wanted to be treated like they paid taxes like everyone else. C'mon man! Just state their part in it all and then we can move on to personal responsibility!

I would feel different had he blatantly stated that these are the problems the Black community has all while knowing Whites are staunchly racist and will pretend they don't know that we wish to be treated as humanly as they treat themselves.

That's a different message than the one he gave ("White ppl, don't worry about it, just listen. Hey Black ppl, it's all our fault. "). Um.. no it's not.

All I wanted was balance.

It would be the perfect message without the slightest pacifying to Whites

Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

Alias and ragin did we watch the same video? I saw no contradictions or any catering to white people.

I hate the fact that I had to write such a long response to something that was so seemingly minor.
But, in hindsight, it's not minor. It's major. It's major to hold Whites accountable for the part they play in their racism and with how difficult they make it for "successful" Blacks to lift up their community.

Anyways, even if you disagree with me, kudos to all of you who actually took the time to listen to the whole thing
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 5:26am
But Alis from the start he said he gives diff speeches accordin. To the crowd.

And for all tha5 human stuff, i thought he was saying we cant sit around waiting for whites to admitt their wrongs and treatus better. He said thats why if we were doing for us we wouldn't be worried about what they think and how they are treating us
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 5:31am
And I looooooooooved the part where he said no other group begged for equality, they went out and created their own. If you look hispanics/latinos dont give a damn about equality they just want to stay here and make money and now they are the biggest group and the most catered to.

Asians, south asians every group you can think of create thier own nook. We are still fighting for a piece of the white ppls pie (this was a thread)

I get what your saying AA, but lso remember a lot of those whites were founders i think he did a good job straddling the line. More flys with honey
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 5:39am
I think Dr. Claud knew exactly what he was saying with whites in the crowd. We'll never have real, strong leaders again cause the people who should be following always got something to disagree with.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 5:46pm
Alias and PuurPoze,
You guys are super awesome and this discourse is provocative.
But, from beginning to end, please consider this: How many speeches do yt people, of Dr. Anderson's caliber, deliver in an apologist tone to blacks? How many?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

Alias and ragin did we watch the same video? I saw no contradictions or any catering to white people.

Ragin, him mentioning white people being upset and applying for minority benefits had everything to do with how the agenda to have fair competition for black people to get fair opportunities has been completely been replaced with a "minority agenda". Taking focus off of the wealth of free labor of black people, and the civil rights movement. He wasn't saying that whites should feel angry for blacks getting opportunities based on race/systematic racism/the white head start . He explained this.

Understood. However, his argument is delivered with a spoonful of sugar- for the white people. That 'black interests' have been replaced with 'minority interests' is not in dispute. My interest was piqued not because Dr. Anderson's message was errant, but because it was delivered with deference. When has a white speaker, of Dr. Anderson's caliber, ever had to be so deferential to us? It simply does not happen.

Secondly, waiting for white people to take responsibility does nothing for the black race!

Agreed. I have oft said that we'll die a slow death waiting for white folk to do anything in any interests other than their own.

His stance on black politicians was to show that they have NO passion for black people. Those unsaid rules he spoke of about ....never speaking of black issues to me meant that these politicians are more concerned with being successful in american politics rather than being concerned with the state of black people. And that's a widely accepted mentality but again, it does not help the black community. Did you listen to his remedy?

Yes. Listened and agreed. This is circular logic without the circle. Without contextual bearing, how can one fully explain black political impotence in America? The reason he can't find a black politician willing to stand up for SOLELY for blacks, is the exact same reason that he cannot give a speech without showing deference to white people. It is all the same straight jacket with white people tying the laces. Prime example: President Obama. Why has Obama been subjected to a standard that no other president has ever had to bear? Short answer: Status quo. The 43 presidencies that proceeded Obama's were all white. Which of those presidents ever had to say a single word about the interests of whites? None. Why? Foregone conclusion. Whites first, everyone else? Oh well.

Group economics!
Agreed. Never disputed.

Black wealth would allow these politicians to be wealthy and feel successful if black wealth was more common. And even before the wealth comes...amongst all of the corruption theses politicians cant secretly force a black agenda? Or is it that it's never been attempted because of the risk of being labeled a black activist? The point of it all is we vision and passion

White people used and abused us....and instead of accepting the defeat and trying to rebuild, we're expecting them to do it for us??

I don't know a single black person who is waiting for white folk to collectively sigh, admit corruption, then turn over new leaves starting the very next moment. I do know a lot of black people who lament the lack of access to real money and power. We all know that it is held in the hands of a small, overwhelmingly white majority, whose only interests are amassing more wealth and power. Period.

It's a fantasy.
You are correct.

His speech has solidified everything I've ever thought about our situation. Yes they fcked us, yes we are suffering because it...but this game that they play...we need to start playing it too.

Here's where we part company a bit. We will never win by playing the same game white people play because the rules weren’t written for us. We need a game with rules not written by them. Unless and until that happens...we still lose. This speaks to his point about why other races don't seek 'equality' with yts. They know the system is rigged. Dr. Anderson knows this too. But he is right to plant the seed, even if he knows whites own all the water rights. What seed can flourish without water? We have to shift perspectives.

His bit about seafood had me applauding him. A fcking Asian run seafood joint just opened in my neighborhood...all the liquor stores beauty supply, and carryouts are ran by foreigners. I believe that our situation makes it hard for black businesses but I do not believe we're even trying.

Fact: It is easier for the Asian to get a loan to open a business than it is for blacks to do the very same thing even when it’s their own neighborhood. Example: Look to studies on the types of mortgage rates that blacks, with excellent credit, are steered towards versus whites with less than excellent credit. As an aside, look up Philip Guo if you have a chance. He’s and Asian MIT grad who admitted that he was shown preference/deference that he did not deserve/earn simply because he was Asian.

I really loved this..he spoke nothing but the truth.

Yes...and no.

Never did he ever stray from speaking truth to the black audience...but I guess the truth comes to some people before they are ready.

Truth is objective. For instance, it is raining, or it isn't. It is 50 degrees outside, or it isn't. To whom should Dr. Anderson have to tailor messages on rain and temperature in order to make either so?

Seriously thank you OPut I do not believe we're even trying.

There are those who are not trying...but not all. Say what you will, but we are a resilient kind. We are still here.

By the way, do you think white folk in attendance at the speech went home to discuss this the way we are today? Not a chance. Why? Because they can literally live all their lives without thinking about us because the power structure is theirs to govern. We, on the other hand, have to know all about them in order to move and have our being. That…I hate.

There is truth in Dr. Anderson's speech, just not the whole of it. I am tired of coddling white folk at the expense of black folk. Real tired.

eta:
People Assumed I Was A Tech Whiz Because I'm Asian

Edited by ragincajin - Feb 24 2014 at 10:37pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I hate the fact that I had to write such a long response to something that was so seemingly minor.
But, in hindsight, it's not minor.

Story of our lives Alias...story of our lives.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>