Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How minorities were used to stop black progression
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How minorities were used to stop black progression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How minorities were used to stop black progression
    Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:13am
And Dr. Claud Anderson talks about it in this video at around 25:00-27:00

This is the document he is talking about and I posted the key points but the whole thing is interesting.

The Nixon Administration. 

As you have candidly acknowledged. the relation of the adminis­tration to the black population is a problem. I think it ought also to be acknowledged that we are a long way from solving it. During the 
past year intense efforts have been made by the administration to develop programs that will be of help to the blacks. I dare say, as much or more time and attention goes into this effort in this adminis­
tration than any in history. But little has corne of it. There has been a great deal of political ineptness in some Departments. and you have been the loser. I don't know what you can do about this. Perhaps nothing. But I do have four suggestions. 

Second. The time may have come when the issue of race could 
benefit from a period of "benign neglect". The subject has been too 
much talked about. The forum has been too much taken over to 
hysterics, paranoids, and boodlers on all sides. We may need a 
period in which Negro progress continues and racial rhetoric fades. 
The administration can help bring this about by paying close attention 
to such progress - - as we are doing - - while seeking to avoid situations 
in which extremists of either race are given opportunities for martyr­
dom, heroics, histrionics or whatever. Greater attention to Indians, 
Mexican Americans and Puerto Ricans would be useful. A tendency 
to ignore provocations from groups such as the Black Panthers might 
also be useful. (The Panthers were apparently almost defunct until 
the Chicago police raided one of their headquarters and transformed 
them into culture heroes for the white -- and black -- middle class. 
You perhaps did not note on the society page of yesterday's Times 
that Mrs. Leonard Bernstein gave a cocktail party on Wednesday to 
raise money for the Panthers. Mrs. W. Vincent Astor was among the 
guests. Mrs. Peter Duchin, !!the rich blond wife of the orchestra 
leader" was thrilled. "I've never met a Panther, II she said. This is 
a first for me. ") 

Fourth. There is a silent black majority as well as a white one. 
It is mostly working class, as against lower middle class. It is 
politically moderate (on issues other than racial equality) and shares 
most of the concerns of its white counterpart. This group has been 
generally ignored by the government, and the media. The more 
recognition we can give to it, the better off we shall all be. (I would 
take it, for example, that Ambassador Holland is a natural leader of 
this segment of the black community. There are others like him. ) 

Daniel P. Moynihan

Shocked The 2nd point is basically about "post-racial America" and putting attention on other minorities such as women and gays (comparing the gay movement to Civil Rights, splitting up black men and black women by pushing black feminist ideology). The 4th point is about letting the coons and middle class blacks of society get a nice lil job and a little house outside the hood so they will tell the rest of black people that everything is better now, racism is over so lets integrate and give our money to whitey..bascially become complacent Shocked
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 3:46pm
Didn't know he was the author of Black Labor, White Wealth!

I've been reading that book every time I go to the bookstore
One of these days I'll stop being cheap and buy it lol
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 3:48pm
Is this a repost or is this a new vid?

Why didn't u just bump your other thread?

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 22 2014 at 3:50pm
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:58pm
Dr. Anderson has some very good and real points, but I have mixed feeling about this speech.
Certain parts of it are typical blame-the-blacks vitriol.
He is a very bright man, but when there are whites in his audiences, he finds ways to play to them.
The deference is slight, and cleverly couched in humor, but is there just the same.
Why mention that he has white folk in his family, and several sets of white friends, except to make the yt’s feel a little comfortable with him?
But then, I understand that this is sometimes what we have to do to get to where we want to be.

Whites do use successful blacks as poster children. "See, we are not racist, egotistical, arrogant, self-serving bastards. Look how far these people got in life. You need to do what they've done and all your troubles will be over! Problem solved."
Yeah they’ll let a few of us into a few top positions, etc., but they remind us every step of the way that we are NOT like them and that we are ONLY there by their good graces. It's the equivalent to patting us little Negroes on the head and throwing us a handful of scraps.

Agree with:

@37:21 “It is wealth that determines where you can go and can’t go. It is what you own and control that determines your competitiveness.”

100% true.

Do not agree:

@ 28:12
“If I were a white male right now, I would go get into a minority program. You know why? Because the white male is one of the biggest minorities in the county.” (Showing his neck to whitey. Subliminally saying “I feel your pain. I understand that you are deserving of sympathy.”)

@33:00 “That’s not white people against you. It’s your own people who won’t do the things they’re supposed to do for you.” (Again, absolving whites of responsibility for their atrocities against black, while blaming blacks for white imposed impotence. This is fallacy and is out of context. It is a true fact that there are things we cannot do because we do not have the means. No black person should be helping to deal a stacked deck against us.)

@33:24 “You got a black city manager, Howard Gary down there. He’s in Jet Magazine bragging about how he’s the only black city manager. Why don’t you ask him to do something?” (Favorite strategy of whites- blame the black for the entirety of black problems in America. Absolve yourselves of any responsibility. Even better if you can use another black to do it. Ironic isn’t it? When’s the last time you saw a Jew or Chinese person lambaste one of their own in public? Answer: Never!)

@33:36 “I provided ten million dollars for them.” Lie.
Do you think it was Dr. Anderson who green-lighted that grant? Absolutely not! He could only provide what he was authorized to provide. Money that bureaucrats wanted to give. At the end of the day, white folk will spout the same mantra: “See. We gave money to help you blacks. Why are you still in dire straits? We’ve done our part.”
Again, this is white folk making us dance by shooting bullets at our feet.

@35:13 “Black people don’t want to help their own people.”
This is simply not true. We’re like Houdini. All bound up in chains and blamed for moving slowly.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:58pm
I wholeheartedly agree with you ragin, in fact I meant to point that out in the last thread.

He contradicted himself if yhe same sentence. How can he blame the lack of progress Blacks have made in the political arena solely on Black politicians by absolving whites of any responsibility and in the next breath say it's because Black politicians are forced to remain silent on Black issues for fear of being shut down?

And who exactly would be shutting them down and why exactly?
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with you ragin, in fact I meant to point that out in the last thread.

He contradicted himself if yhe same sentence. How can he blame the lack of progress Blacks have made in the political arena solely on Black politicians by absolving whites of any responsibility and in the next breath say it's because Black politicians are forced to remain silent on Black issues for fear of being shut down?

And who exactly would be shutting them down and why exactly?

Exactly Alias. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemies and that is on us. We know it and admit it. But to absolve whitey of his crimes is ridiculous.

The genesis of our troubles, and continued troubles, in AmeriKKKa is an impossible story to tell without whitey being front and center.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 8:42pm
You mean like the RAP MUSIC AND MEDIA reps. we have now these (Nijas like @ chains and Kanye west are trying to ruin or nation)
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:33pm
going to see if his books are in any libraries
PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PurrPoZe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:32pm
Alias and ragin did we watch the same video? I saw no contradictions or any catering to white people.

Ragin, him mentioning white people being upset and applying for minority benefits had everything to do with how the agenda to have fair competition for black people to get fair opportunities has been completely been replaced with a "minority agenda". Taking focus off of the wealth of free labor of black people, and the civil rights movement. He wasn't saying that whites should feel angry for blacks getting opportunities based on race/systematic racism/the white head start . He explained this.

Secondly, waiting for white people to take responsibility does nothing for the black race! His stance on black politicians was to show that they have NO passion for black people. Those unsaid rules he spoke of about ....never speaking of black issues to me meant that these politicians are more concerned with being successful in american politics rather than being concerned with the state of black people. And that's a widely accepted mentality but again, it does not help the black community. Did you listen to his remedy? Group economics! Black wealth would allow these politicians to be wealthy and feel successful if black wealth was more common. And even before the wealth comes...amongst all of the corruption theses politicians cant secretly force a black agenda? Or is it that it's never been attempted because of the risk of being labeled a black activist? The point of it all is we vision and passion

White people used and abused us....and instead of accepting the defeat and trying to rebuild, we're expecting them to do it for us?? It's a fantasy. His speech has solidified everything I've ever thought about our situation. Yes they fcked us, yes we are suffering because it...but this game that they play...we need to start playing it too. His bit about seafood had me applauding him. A fcking Asian run seafood joint just opened in my neighborhood...all the liquor stores beauty supply, and carryouts are ran by foreigners. I believe that our situation makes it hard for black businesses but I do not believe we're even trying.

I really loved this..he spoke nothing but the truth. Never did he ever stray from speaking truth to the black audience...but I guess the truth comes to some people before they are ready. I have so much more to say about it. Seriously thank you OPut I do not believe we're even trying.

Edited by PurrPoZe - Feb 24 2014 at 12:23am
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Errthang purrpose said

yup
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake