Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How long would you drive for an interview?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long would you drive for an interview?
    Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:00am
So ive committed myself to drive 3 hours one way to a job interview for job that I do not want. The pay is much lower than I make and the schedule sucks. I won't mind a different position in the company that I'd really like but I don't want to waste their time and mine.

I'm sitting here not even dressed and I need to be out the door now.

I'm afraid of hurting my chances of ever working with this company if I cancel.
Sponsored Links

Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:05am
If it's easy to move around/up, I would do it. But the benefits & everything else has to be good as well. I wouldn't skip the interview since it'll be a no show. That don't look good if you are trying to get your foot in the door.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:15am
If you don't want the job then don't waste your time and drive 3 hours for the interview.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:27am

you wont make the wrong decision.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:07am

I flew to San Diego for an interview (the company paid, not me)

I told my job I sick and left at like 5am, had to take two flights, did the 5 hour interview, took two flights to get home, got back to work by 10am the next day and did my performance review at work

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 27 2014 at 7:08am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:19am
10 minutes
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:23am
Damn.
3 hours?

I would only do it for two reasons...

A.) Dream job/Awesome opportunity..

or B.) I want to live in the city that the job is in and wanna have something lined up until I find something better...
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:47am
I wouldnt have even applied for a job that far away anyways. I cant drive more than 1 hour, yet alone 3. And for a job i dont even care for??????? Hecks naw
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:58am
1 mile...
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:30am
No amount of time if I don't want the job. Any amount if I want the job. I've quit and gotten rehired. Tell them it's not in the cards right now or something. By the time u reapply, somebody new will b in that dept or they won't remember.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>