Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How long will you stay on bhm/hairboards?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2012 at 12:46am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i noticed that ppl bounce around the time of wl and i can see why.  i came up here a lot when i thought there was some secret to growing hair but now that i know what it requires its not as interesting, in fact all the extra stuff ppl are adding is just becoming frustrating.

Most definitely this!
Sponsored Links

.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by prettystar prettystar wrote:

To be truly honest,this is my very last and FINAL post ever on BHM. I'm going to be deep down honest,it is boring as HELL and dry as a desert here in the Hair Growth section here. Boring sahara dry haha. The Hair Growth Section just isn't interesting anymore. It's not just BHM either,it's other hair boards as well. I've really been getting most of my hair knowledge from lhcf,hair blogs and youtube more,even before i signed up on here,honestly. I've done toooooons of research on hair products,ingredients,techniques,hair types/textures,done lots of trial & error and etc.for I've been on my hair journey for 2½ yrs now throughout my hair journey.

As a matter of fact,I've FINALLY reached my ultimate goal of full WL!!!!!

I will not be coming back nor lurking on BHM ever again. Since lhcf have alot more archives and more helpful info that i can research,i'll be doing more searches and lurking more on there instead. I actually wasted my time with this dry wack ass site and since i don't want to waste another second nor minute on here.......

DEUCES!!!

Oh ok.
FleureDeCheveux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleureDeCheveux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2012 at 7:58am
I've never considered a shelf-life on how I use the site. I only drop by occasionally and in that, I can say what I like/don't like about the site:

1. I come here to search for ladies with photos that have a similar hairtype to me, simple routines and have good retention/tips. I revisit bookmarked pages e.g. those giving step by step instructions on how to moisturise effectively, pre-poo etc.

2.  I avoid the PJ threads which sadly take up a lot of space. I prefer to keep the cost low and the routine simple for my hair and am seeing progress as a result. I simply don't believe there is a wonder pill for hair growth, especially one that will replace good care.

3. Haircare challenges are so hit and miss to me. I see so many get started and part way through, support for them tapers off before the end is reached.

4. A lot of the same info/questions repeated time and time ago does get a bit annoying to read through. I try to use the search button and sometimes wish some other users would too.

So as a result, I just come back now and again. I don't find the site addictive because there is a lot of competition from YT, and some great hair gurus there that if I want inspiration I rather go there than on here.  I find it more efficient to find a video showing things rather than wading through a forum of posts. But this site is still OK and I'll probably use it for some time yet.
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2012 at 10:35am
I will probably always come and go.  I've already started to slow down a little bit.  I've learned so much so I'd like to share my knowledge with some of the new members.
Aggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2012 at 1:38pm
I think that hang around the hair boards for another 2-4 years. After that, I most likely will have accomplished my hair goals of length, thickness, shine and beauty. However,  I feel that popping around every now and then to help out the newbies won't hurt at all.

So I guess, consistently active for another 4 years and seldom actively -  indefinitely! I see a lot of the hair gurus doing that now. They are not as active as when they first started out on these hair boards but every now and then, they would just pop in to give their helpful input. I like that.
sweetcoils&curls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetcoils&curls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 7:59pm
It's funny...i used to get sooo excited/pumped up to see new threads in the Hair Growth Sections (BHM,LHCF,etc), but now i just lurk from time to time whenever i'm really bored. I'm only a member here at BHM and only post in the Hair Growth & Natural threads to share what i know & to bump threads whenever i'm REALLY REALLY bored.

I won't lie, BHM & LHCF Hair Growth sections are now boring as F*CK now!!! It's the same damn topics & questions over & over again! So i have absolutely no choice BUT to bump threads in the growth section. There could be many reasons of why the Hair growth sections are going dead. I would post new threads if i could, but then again, i choose not to cause:

1. i've realized it'll still be boring as f*ck & a waste of time here
2. i don't have enough posts to start a thread
3. What's the point of me even starting a thread, if no one barely gets on here or post anymore?

I know tooooooons about hair,hair ingredients,& etc in general. I know my hair VERY well; what it likes/hates due to lots of trial & error. I'm not gonna continue to come on here and pretend like threads are still interesting/fun, cause they're NOT!! So i honestly don't see the point of me continuing to post helpful tips on dead hair boards.

I've realized i've made a HUGE mistake signing up on here smh. This board and other hair boards are going dead and it'll never be the same anymore. Some of yall can deny it if ya want, but it is what it is. I see no point of me staying here if no one is barely gonna come back on here and/or make new interesting threads. I WON'T come back on here, nor will i even LURK on here anymore! So this is my very last post on here as well. Since i've bumped PLENTY of interesting threads today, hopefully the Hair Growth Section won't seem as dead for awhile, idk nor give 2 f*cks no more.

Like prettystar.....DEUCES!!!
*drops mic & never returns*
longhairvisions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairvisions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 8:09pm
I think I will be be consistently on hair boards for another two years or until I make my ultimate hair goals. After that I will stop in now and then because I would love to help others get to their goals as well.
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 11:23am
I think I will be on here not as often as I use to be when I first joined BHM but I will definitely come in here time to time to contribute to some threads and update on my hair. 
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 10:52am
I visit this board in waves. I've been on here off and on for a while. First I was only in the weaves section. Then I migrated to the lace front & weaves section. Then I started visiting the natural and growth sections.

When I'm super busy with work, I abandon BHM for months at a time because often the boards can be dry and/or catty. Or often I go into lurk mode and just gather info but don't really participate. :)
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 11:02am
LOL...

Just realized I actually posted in this thread last year too. @_@
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair