Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How Long Should I Wait To Put My Micros Back In
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How Long Should I Wait To Put My Micros Back In

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
dlavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long Should I Wait To Put My Micros Back In
    Posted: Apr 02 2010 at 12:05am
i have them in now actually..since the end of february..about 3 weeks post so new growth is justHug...anyways..im not in a rush to relax..id like to keep the stretching process moving...would it be okay for me to get them put back in..right after i take them down..not the day after but i mean..ive found that i like this style..it fits me..and i want to keep it this way for awhile..if i chose not to relax..how long should i wait before getting them put back in??? i considered box braids but thats not really what i want...but if its best then ill do what i have to do..
Sponsored Links

iGRAnDiloquence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGRAnDiloquence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2010 at 9:32am
I have done that before, I let the hair air out for a couple days and then got it reinstalled on the third day to not have so much manipulation, but my friend does this all the time. She got her braids taken out the night before and got kinky twist the next day...
dlavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2010 at 8:57pm
so it depends on the hair type basically? because a lot of ppl say oh well i did it within days..others say their hair begins to fall out if they dont wait a few weeks..thanx..
Goodlife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 11:38pm
I took my micros out last week and this week I am getting them put back in. Just make sure you deep condition your hair really good.
GoingNatural86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoingNatural86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 1:02am
you can put them in the very next day, just make sure you do a good deep condition in between and be sure to moisturize your hair while the braids are in... I spray mine daily with a glycerine mix. But you can jus buy a good braid spray

Edited by GoingNatural86 - Apr 04 2010 at 1:02am
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 5:35pm

I would say if you have them in for say 2-3 months then I would give my head a wee breather say a week, if less than that then a good protein treatment followed by a moisturising DC will be sufficient and you can put them right back.

dlavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 9:23pm
thank you so much guys...i thought id have to wait a really long time..
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinthecutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 9:37pm
I was planning on doing back to back as well... go for it, my hair grew the most when I did that
dlavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2010 at 11:06am
thanx soooo much guys..i took them out sunday...CONDITIONED REALLY GOOD! and got them placed back in yesterday..ill post pics soon
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic