Perfect Hair Collection

How long is too long to be engaged?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 4:40pm
someone told us that a couple already living together 'don't need a honeymoon.'  We laughed.
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 4:41pm
I know a few people who had the courthouse wedding...basically just signed the papers and whatnot...and then got married again in a few months.

For all those couples it was because they're religious, already had a wedding planned, but their new apartment/house came through before the wedding. So they got legally married so as to avoid impropriety.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 4:57pm
I've wanted to renew our vows for too long now

I don't have a vision in my head yet, there's no pressing need other than that's I want and of course other things going on

So yeah I can see time getting away from you

If he doesn't want to talk about it, I still need to analyze the true why because it makes a huge difference... if you two can't talk it'll be a looooooooong 50+ years

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 4:59pm
My bro proposed to his babymama this time last year, he said the wedding would be this summer.....he's now changed it to next summer, so we'll see.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 5:06pm
I feel like once you have a kid with the person getting married isn't all that important. I mean, your brother is going to be involved with the woman for the next 18 years which is longer than most marriages anyway.

Depending on their finances, it might make more sense not to get married.
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 5:24pm
^^They have 2 kids
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I've wanted to renew our vows for too long now

I don't have a vision in my head yet, there's no pressing need other than that's I want and of course other things going on

So yeah I can see time getting away from you

If he doesn't want to talk about it, I still need to analyze the true why because it makes a huge difference... if you two can't talk it'll be a looooooooong 50+ years

my sister did hers at 10 years . That's the soonest I've seen it done and people were side eyeing them lol.
We do something private and personal every year.

re: bold, I agree with that. If a person/friend asked me  how long is too long to be engaged, I'd say  --longer than you want to be.

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Yeah that's a thing some guys do and when they do marry it usually falls apart in a few years.

Or they end up dumping the long engagement woman then run off & marry the next chick they date right away. 
yep, i've seent his happen. shame.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 6:42pm
We think our friend's bf proposed to shut her up, they had been dating 6months and she was already whining about "when is my time?, lets just break up then"...he thought the wedding would be a year+ later...she wanted a wedding asap, wedding was 2months after engagement, which she said was actually late, she paid for it Stern Smile
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 6:50pm
When people get engaged, both parties should be excited about getting married, picking a date, etc, be it a small or big event, or simply eloping. After a year engaged and no marriage, you are wasting time.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>