FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How long is too long to be engaged?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>

Author
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

I swear people will forever blame the woman for a man’s shortcomings, and inadequacies. It’s not always the MAN that doesn't want to get married, sometimes it’s the Woman. I know because I was in that situation. I was engaged for a few yrs. but I never was really excited about setting a date. Looking back God was trying to warn me. Thank God I was able to dodge the bullet.

Just because 2 people are engage, or in a relationship doesn’t mean everything is cupcakes, and Starburst. Ultimately people should do what is best for them according to their situation, not society’s standards of how things should be done.  

then they shouldn't be parading around pretending to have cupcakes and starbursts. 

DP

Edited by Majesty02 - Jun 19 2014 at 12:02pm
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah the issue here is even the time frame.
It's the man!!!

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah the issue here is even the time frame.
It's the man!!!

But the woman is allowing it to linger on.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I swear people will forever blame the woman for a man’s shortcomings, and inadequacies. It’s not always the MAN that doesn't want to get married, sometimes it’s the Woman. I know because I was in that situation. I was engaged for a few yrs. but I never was really excited about setting a date. Looking back God was trying to warn me. Thank God I was able to dodge the bullet.

Just because 2 people are engage, or in a relationship doesn’t mean everything is cupcakes, and Starburst. Ultimately people should do what is best for them according to their situation, not society’s standards of how things should be done.  

then they shouldn't be parading around pretending to have cupcakes and starbursts. 

Gyal who are you talking about? Not everyone does that. I can only speak for myself, and I NEVER pretend like everything was perfect in my relationship. Truth is people change over time, and their true colors start to show over time. Which is when I left him, and haven't looked back since. Smile I dodged a bullet fah real

Edited by Majesty02 - Jun 19 2014 at 12:04pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:00pm
She just can't sit and pout. Either have the honest conversation with him or move on
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:01pm

Gyal who are you talking about? Not everyone does that. I can only speak for myself, and I NEVER pretend like everything was perfect in my relationship.

maybe this should be another topic....

but why should anyone else know there is trouble in your relationship?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

If they are planning in those two years ok fine. But if he is getting agitated every time she brings up wedding plans and there is no date then ummmmmm........

Because this is the real issue.....Mr00 is like we can go to city hall now and have a big ceremony later...Im like relax we got time....my best eggs still in there...im tryna spend my reception money on ThailandEmbarrassed
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:06pm

Why did you accept a proposal from a man you were not ready to marry?

Edited by uppitynegroid - Jun 19 2014 at 12:07pm
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:07pm

^ At the time I WAS ready to marry him. But like I said, over time people change and truth starts to reveal it self. For God sake I was only 21. So the things I know now, I didn't know then.

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Decorum really alludes many young people nowadays.  I think what I've gotten from this thread is that some people see a marriage proposal as a romantic gesture.  That's just not the case.  Its not a "I would like to marry you some day."  A proposal is a big deal.  Its a formal declaration of  your intent to marry in the immediate future.  If both people are not ready for that, then they should stick to more informal gestures like romantic gifts. 

EXACTLY. 

i seems a lot of women only want to be called wifey rather than having a marriage license. 

When people actually get the proposal they really understand it.......until then its a case of if it was me but it aint you and daydreaming is easy

No shade......

I understand but I think a lot of women never set expectations for their relationships. there are women out there who seriously believe they will not ever get married so when a guy moves in...they think that's as good as it gets. 

Couples that really want to get married, do it. Whether its a court house wedding with a fancy ceremony/destination wedding later...either way, they make it official. 

People aint living together as a relationship step.....mugs just need to split the billsLOL

I would rather be engaged for 100 years before I have a courthouse wedding.....idgaf....judge away.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic