How long is too long to be engaged?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long is too long to be engaged?
    Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:24am
I was listening to a discussion about this on the radio the other day.  A woman called in and said she dated a man for 3 yrs, he proposed and they have been living together and engaged for over 2 years.  Every time she brings up wedding planning he becomes elusive and difficult.  Her question was, "How long is too long to be engaged?"

I think she was asking that question a 2 years too late.  I seriously weep for my generation!  The entire point of becoming engaged is to formally announce and plan a wedding.  For the life of me, I don't understand how a woman winds up being someone's fiance for years. 

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:25am
About 5 years up to maybe 10.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:27am
Well I want to be proposed to and married on the same day.

But for others, if they have to ask the question then it's been too long. I know some people have put off the actual wedding until the location they want becomes available.

Getting married only requires filling out some paperwork. If you want to be married, it doesn't take years.
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Well I want to be proposed to and married on the same day.

But for others, if they have to ask the question then it's been too long. I know some people have put off the actual wedding until the location they want becomes available.

Getting married only requires filling out some paperwork. If you want to be married, it doesn't take years.

This!   
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I was listening to a discussion about this on the radio the other day.  A woman called in and said she dated a man for 3 yrs, he proposed and they have been living together and engaged for over 2 years.  Every time she brings up wedding planning he becomes elusive and difficult.  Her question was, "How long is too long to be engaged?"

I think she was asking that question a 2 years too late.  I seriously weep for my generation!  The entire point of becoming engaged is to formally announce and plan a wedding.  For the life of me, I don't understand how a woman winds up being someone's fiance for years. 

Thoughts?

clearly he doesn't want to marry her...

anything more than a year is too long imo..don't waste my time jare!

lol, you're so naija. 

That's what the radio host politely said.  Basically something to the effect of, "I think he proposed to shut you up."
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:32am
Yeah that's a thing some guys do and when they do marry it usually falls apart in a few years.
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Yeah that's a thing some guys do and when they do marry it usually falls apart in a few years.

Or they end up dumping the long engagement woman then run off & marry the next chick they date right away. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:39am
Yeah he is not that into her bit she is a convenience
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:42am
I'm sure he proposed to keep her locked down when he truly doesn't want her but doesn't want to be alone. Once the next chick he really wants comes along he'll drop her with the quickness and marry the new chick the next day. Women have to stop falling and accepting that crap.

But any who, I don't want a long engagement. I would more than likely get married before the wedding, no reason to wait if that's what we want.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

clearly he doesn't want to marry her...

anything more than a year is too long imo..don't waste my time jare!
alladis. shït or get off the pot folks. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>