Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long Does it Take Your Scalp to Recoup
    Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:02pm
after you stop relaxing?  And will the damage from relaxers... bald, thin or weak spots ever heal (fill in) once you stop relaxing?  How long after you stop using chemicals can you say, "I have a healthy scalp" if there is such a thing.  Can you ever reverse the damage?

Alot of questions, I know LOL

Edited by Nichole23 - Oct 18 2008 at 9:04pm
Sponsored Links

kiakia101 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:16pm
Do you mean like after having chemical burns?
plastic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:22pm
well my scalp is healthy 5 mins after the relaxer is washed out ... my relaxer doesnt go on my scalp ....

hmm to think relaxer on the scalp is a bad thing and i just keep doing it ... i should go natural shouldnt i
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by kiakia101 kiakia101 wrote:

Do you mean like after having chemical burns?

Hey kiakia, I'm not sure if their chemical burns, but I suppose you could call them that.  They didn't come from a particular relaxer session but over time.  So since I started relaxing until now.  Think/weak sides.
Corri52 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:37pm
I believe the scalp heals but it's hard to determine a specific time b/c everyone is different. I didn't have burns but for some reasons (yrs ago) my hair just fell out on the sides by my ear. I read somewhere (I could be wrong, it was on a dermatology sight I believe, again it was years ago) that you should wait at least three months to see if the hair grows back. If not you need to see a dermatologist or trichologist. I noticed my hair did grow back, but for a couple of relaxers it seemed like the growth on the sides was stunted due to the relaxers. So I stopped getting relaxers once again and within a 3-6 month period the growth seemed to be a bit more steady but slower. So to answer your question yes to my knowledge it can heal but it will take time.

I used "Transitioners Tonic" from Kinky-Curly.com to combat any scalp issues as that product was made specifically for healing scalp and transitioners. I believe it helped my scalp when I last texlaxed.

Edited by Corri52 - Oct 18 2008 at 9:39pm
CHEEKQUEEN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:44pm

Not to sure. I guess I am cured since my hair gets hella thin with a relaxer and its all flourished and fluffy now. So 9 months to get it back healthy. LOL! No but on the real, I had a burn from relaxer on my forehead and it took 4 months to go away. Ain't that some craziness......

My scalp has always burned when I got my touch-ups. I would have to apply grease to my burns and nurse the spots back to health. My hair would thin in those areas and it would have to grow back.
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:48pm
Wow, thanks Corri!  I hope so.  3-6 months is not bad.  I see alot of naturals wear a big puff or brush their hair back & put on a head band or even get really sassy like cheekqueen and do a mohawk.  Right now, its hard to wear those styles, so I'm hoping as a natural I may be able to.  I guess I hope my hair fills in, but I may be fooling myself.

Thanks corri, thats so helpful!
CHEEKQUEEN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Nichole23 Nichole23 wrote:

Wow, thanks Corri!  I hope so.  3-6 months is not bad.  I see alot of naturals wear a big puff or brush their hair back & put on a head band or even get really sassy like cheekqueen and do a mohawk.  Right now, its hard to wear those styles, so I'm hoping as a natural I may be able to.  I guess I hope my hair fills in, but I may be fooling myself.

Thanks corri, thats so helpful!

LOL!! Too funny! Nic, I am sure your hair will get back in order. Concentrate on baby-ing the trouble areas. I can't wait to see you rock them natural styles girl! Wink
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 10:21pm
lol, its crazy because I didn't even see your post until after posted mine.  I just happened to be thinking about you. LOL
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 10:32pm
i have a portion on my hair that REMAINS thin and spotty and I have not relaxed my hair in years.   there were 2 spots in the back that were always thin but are now thick and long.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic