Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How Long Does It Take to Move On?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long Does It Take to Move On?
    Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:37pm
After a break up, how long does it usually take you to move on/start dating again?

are you the type to be mentally going thru your 'friend list' during the breakup conversation?LOL or does it take you a while to want to date anyone? And does it matter if the break up was your idea or not (as far as how soon you start back dating)?

I know it depends on length of relationship and commitment level but just for fun and since it's dry.

bonus: what's the longest you've gone from a break up to dating again?
wth--gone and tell us the shortest tooLOL

Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 07 2014 at 3:38pm
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:40pm
oh this may get moved to Relationship section. 
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:46pm
For me it depends on the gravity and length of the relationship. I try to move on Asap because honestly I do not know how long I have on this earth and I do not want to spend it grieving over someone who does not want me anymore.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

For me it depends on the gravity and length of the relationship. I try to move on Asap because honestly I do not know how long I have on this earth and I do not want to spend it grieving over someone who does not want me anymore.

that's a great outlook.

I likey.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:35pm
by the time we break up i've already moved on. i don't have time to spend thinking of someone whose no longer in my life. my friends say its easy for me to move on because i'm always one foot in and one foot out in relationships. i'm known to start dating before even having the break up conversation. i can be really cold blooded though i try not to be. majority of my relationships have lasted longer than they were suppose to because i was too much of a punk to break up so by the time that conversation took place it was a breath of fresh air and on to the next. yeah i know i aint shyt. 

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:41pm
Pretty quickly I'll give myself 2 months before dating again.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:54pm
Between this guy and the last, less than 2 weeks. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

by the time we break up i've already moved on. i don't have time to spend thinking of someone whose no longer in my life. my friends say its easy for me to move on because i'm always one foot in and one foot out in relationships. i'm known to start dating before even having the break up conversation. i can be really cold blooded though i try not to be. majority of my relationships have lasted longer than they were suppose to because i was too much of a punk to break up so by the time that conversation took place it was a breath of fresh air and on to the next. yeah i know i aint shyt. 

I thanked it.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:56pm
If I initiated the breakup it didn't take long at all. I would probably have a date lined up that weekend. But in all honesty these were guys that I never really loved. 

I was dumped once and it took me by surprise and it took a little while to get over him. He was my high school sweetheart. I didn't really want to date anyone because I had gotten so used to being with him and we just knew we were soul mates and supposed to get married. We got back together for a few years and I broke up with him.

Until this day he says thats messed up how I married someone else. He said I moved on so easily and that he thought we would still end up being married because we had a child together. No sir. LOL 

My son always says " Ma you know dad still loves you right?" 

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:03pm
years...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style