Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How long do you wear your unit at one time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
furrfurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furrfurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long do you wear your unit at one time?
    Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:13pm
I am about to order my first unit and had a QT. I just assumed everyone takes there wig off at the end of the night... Is that not the case? Do you go days wearing it? Do you sleep in it etc...? Maybe this is a silly question, I just have no idea what to expect and how long it will hold up while wearing it.
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:37pm
It kinda depends on your method of attachment. I personally use Tootsie's Mom's Method (elastic band sewn in - search if you need more info) so I can take mine off at night.
furrfurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furrfurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:16pm
Wow I like that method! Quick question.. can you turn a standard lace wig into a glue less? I'm assuming you could.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 10:09pm
Yes you sure can!

I'm a daily girl, too, but I do feel more secure with using tape.  But if the cap it made right to your size, the elastic band method can work, too.  I also use the Got2BGlued gel as a way to adhere a lace wig hairline.
furrfurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furrfurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:02am
Can you do the tootsie's mom method and tape? And still take off at night? Which tape/remover would you recommend to use for daily but secure use? Thanks a ton!
furrfurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furrfurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:07am
Just saw this post...

Don't use tape or glue just sew an elastic band from ear to ear and it will hold super tight on your head without moving. If you need to put it in a ponytail then sew combs at the nape and pull down the nape baby hairs.

^This. And you may want to add a tad of Got2b ultra glued (its actually a gel) in the front to secure from any movement. It washes off with water and you can remove your unit at the end of the day easliy.

Sounds like I can try this... I want to be able to wear it in a ponytail or go dancing in it etc... but be able to take it off at night... right now tootsies mom method sounds like a really good option for me!

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:38pm
Definitely try the elastic band method (Tootsie's Mom) and the Got2Be.. you might not need the gel, it depends on the exact shape of your head and the wig cap - even with the measurements, those 5 numbers don't describe the shape of the cap perfectly, so it may or may not be secure enough in the front edge with just the band (I find wigs that i ordered custom with the same measurements fit differently)  But the GOt2Be gel is pretty great.  I can't use it every day - my skin sometimes reacts to it - so I use tape a lot, but only temple to temple.  I use blue liner, which is supposed to be a long wear tape but I have no problem using it daily, it comes off easily for me.   But I think its a good idea to start off with easy, and see if you need the extra security of glue or tape.   You might not.

Edited by hennared - Jan 31 2013 at 10:39pm
furrfurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furrfurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

Definitely try the elastic band method (Tootsie's Mom) and the Got2Be.. you might not need the gel, it depends on the exact shape of your head and the wig cap - even with the measurements, those 5 numbers don't describe the shape of the cap perfectly, so it may or may not be secure enough in the front edge with just the band (I find wigs that i ordered custom with the same measurements fit differently)  But the GOt2Be gel is pretty great.  I can't use it every day - my skin sometimes reacts to it - so I use tape a lot, but only temple to temple.  I use blue liner, which is supposed to be a long wear tape but I have no problem using it daily, it comes off easily for me.   But I think its a good idea to start off with easy, and see if you need the extra security of glue or tape.   You might not.

Thank you! I unit should arrive on Tuesday I picked up some of the Got2be Ultra and will try that first. Just in case... what brand and where do you get your tape and blue liner? Thanks a ton!!
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 4:29am
I take mine off as soon as I get home.  I wouldn't say daily since I am not always out of the house daily.  My hair has definitely improved since I started using the tootsie method.
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:24am
I use Tootsie method since I am allergic to adhesives I love it and my wigs last longerWink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic