It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
glimmity_glam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long Do you take to re-texturize hair
    Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 7:10am

Hi everyone

I texturized my hair on August 19th and i would like to the know the time period before you can texturize again.. the texture of my hair is different.. The front is softer than the back and the front got processed more.  I want to fix this problem to make my whole head the same texture but.. I don't know how long i have to wait before I can re-do it. I know for relaxers it is 6 weeks.

thanks Glim

Edited by glimmity_glam
Sponsored Links

skinbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 7:45am

First of all, with any chemical process the chemicals should be apllied to the coarsest or toughest hairs first.  Some people have coarse hair in the middle, some have it at the nape, some even have this at the front edges or sides.  We are all different.

I texturise my hair every 12 - 13 weeks, but this is my personal choice and may be a little extreme for some.

6 - 8 weeks is good for many people as there is enough new growth to work with at this point.

So, for your hair Glimmity, I would start at the back first and then work your way to the front.  That way the hair will get processed all at the same time as the chemical would stay on the front for a shorter length of time than the back.

I hope this is clear.

77star View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 8:12am
skin - i had a similar problem. I put the mild texturizer on the middle part first and then the rest. I only left it on for 10-12 minutes and i think my hair may be too straight! I had 3c hair to start and now the ends are really straight. i textrized once before back in march and it got back it's originial curl after no texturizer for a few months. i wanted to maintain some curl but its like a frizzy mess...not even sure if I can still 2 strand twist...any advice?

Edited by 77star
PorscheRocks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 9:51am

I texturize twice a year it's easy to deal with the 2 textures.. for me at least

I think it would be okay to do it agian the same time that one would do a relaxer... 6-8 weeks.

glimmity_glam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2004 at 4:58pm

Thanks for all the replies.  That was what I was considering doing. I was going to start with the back first.  My hair is about 7 inches long. It isn't like the low cut texturizer styles that i have seen.  I just didn't want to relax my hair again and wanted to soften it a bit.  I'll give myself 3 months to make sure.  But in the mean time can I keep it in braids or a full head weave until its time? or will that cause more damage to my hair I normally take braids out of my hair a week before and wash it.. make it relax for a while before doing anything further to my hair.

Thanks Glim

Edited by glimmity_glam
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic