Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how long do you regularly stretch???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Poeticjewel95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poeticjewel95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how long do you regularly stretch???
    Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 6:53pm
i just got a relaxer 2 weeks and 1 day post relaxer but im trying to stretch to 8 weeks.im new on this stretching thing so im start little by little lol.
Sponsored Links

shamieya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamieya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 8:32pm
Stretch just isn't possible for me. 8 weeks is my longest; at that point I can't even get a comb through my roots without breaking a comb.
Poeticjewel95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poeticjewel95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by shamieya shamieya wrote:

Stretch just isn't possible for me. 8 weeks is my longest; at that point I can't even get a comb through my roots without breaking a comb.

LOL and thats exactly what im afraid of. i dont want to stretch so far to where its uncomfortable for me to where im getting breakage. stretching is supposed to be a good thing,not a bad thing.
GoldenGirls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenGirls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 3:41pm
I thought I wanted to transition to natural but it was just too time consuming for me and I end up stretching a little on 13 months. I wanted to stretch this time every 6 months however, its seems like my hair starts shedding around week 12 - 16, so I think I will do the 16 week stretch oppose to the 6 month.
Baha_locks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baha_locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 7:23pm
I usually stretch for 12 weeks. At that point my arms dont possess enough strength to get through my new growth.
CaressMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaressMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 10:47am
Does anyone know how long is healthy enough to strecth a relaxer, and when you need to start treating the hair for breakage.. dont weann go natural but im having fun with my wigs for now ..
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:29am
I usually stretch for 6 months. I usually have box braids so it's quite easy easy for me. If it weren't for that I'd probably go for no more than 4.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:39am
Oh and I know quite a few people who stretch for up to 18 months. They wear weaves mostly though. I'd say it depends on your hair. Theoretically you should be able to stretch indefinitely if you know how to manage breakage.
Yellowbeauty22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbeauty22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 1:41pm
I TRIED the natural transition thing but i didnt have the patience nor the knowledge to transition properly so i ended up with a lot of breakage.    So now im on the road to repairing and strengthing my hair. I got a relaxer back in July so its been about 4 months and inbetween then ive decided to do sew ins since soo many people say its a great way to stretch relaxers.
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:42pm
^ITA sew in a great for stretching. You have a small amount of hair out, it is easier to learn what products/regimen works during the stretch. take it one week at the time . No need to go overboard if you experience more bad than good. The greater is the difference between your natural hair and the relax hair the greater your chance to experience breakage at the demarcation line. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>