Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow long did you leave JFM Texturizer in for??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Author
utopian_dreamer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long did you leave JFM Texturizer in for??
    Posted: Apr 11 2008 at 3:37am
how long did you guys leave JFM texturizer in you hair?

My hair is mostly 3c but  has a 3c/4a texture in the middle. I know the

instructions gives you a time limit according to your hair

but I'm not sure if my hair would be considered medium or a kinky??

I'm afraid if I leave it on for the amount specified for kinky it might end up

too straight.

any help would be appreciated Smile
Sponsored Links

LuvRayn07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2008 at 1:01pm
I have 3c/4a texture as well..I left on for the the time they suggested and I didnt really like the results (mix between lose curls and limp waves).
IMO if you are still going for a full & kinky look - Dont leave it on for over 5-6 minutes.From my experience with JFM Texturizer I think for our 3c/4a mixed hair texture its best to either find products to define and tame your texture rather than use curl loosening chemicals because you cant guarantee satisfying results and its a permanent process --once again just my opinion.  
genece33 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2008 at 2:44pm
yea. dont leave it on for more than 4 or 5 mins if you still want to have some sort of curl definition.
miss_westindies View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 6:05am
Originally posted by LuvRayn07 LuvRayn07 wrote:

I have 3c/4a texture as well..I left on for the the time they suggested and I didnt really like the results (mix between lose curls and limp waves).
IMO if you are still going for a full & kinky look - Dont leave it on for over 5-6 minutes.From my experience with JFM Texturizer I think for our 3c/4a mixed hair texture its best to either find products to define and tame your texture rather than use curl loosening chemicals because you cant guarantee satisfying results and its a permanent process --once again just my opinion.  

Thank you for stating this, I'm contemplating a texturiser but I'm scared I may end up with bad results.
AprilB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:19am
I used JFM and it worked great for me...

The trick for me was to not apply so much on the sections of my hair that were not as "kinky/curly", 'cause I knew that those sections would become straighter...

I left the JFM on my hair for 6 minutes... 

I would definitely suggest that one not apply the JFM or any texturizer by themselves--  have a friend or relative assist you-- that way, you can work faster, and get the back of your head better...
thebraudgroup View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 9:46pm
I leave mine in for about 10 minutes.  But I do the back first.  My front is kinda straight because I decided a few months ago I wanted the straight look.  So the very front of my hair has no curl!  But anywhere from 5-6 min should be enough to just loosen the curl.  The key is not to comb it.  Apply with your fingers and work it thru the same way. 
Kim
AprilB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 3:25pm
I agree with Kim.  The instructions in the JFM tell you to work with the back first...

I combed mine out as the instructions stated, and my hair came out just fine, but when I re-text in a couple of months-- I may just apply it with my fingers to the new growth and see how that works....

Edited by AprilB - May 10 2008 at 3:26pm
mneil17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 10:26pm
help!!

i just used african pride hair tex on my hair and now it looks straight. how long does this thing last anyway? Have i just wasted 10 months of my life growing out my perm?
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 10:59pm
^^mneil, It really depends on your hair type, how long you left it on, and how quickly you revert...Don't fret just yet.  Give it a couple of days and then wash it and some of your curl will return--atleast thats what happened to me with my first text.  It was too straight then I washed it and some curl defination came back.  After 2 months later alot of it reverted, so everything worked out.

eta: I've never used JFM but might in the future.  I've been going to a stylist b/c I've been too chicken to do it my self...maybe this summer I'll try doing it myself....maybe.....LOL

Edited by Tbaby - May 19 2008 at 11:01pm
mysonmatt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2008 at 12:49pm
I don't know yet exactly how long to leave JFM in. But I do know to NOT follow the directions on the box! I did and my hair ended up nice and curly in the back but the front was VERY straight.Angry
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic