Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHow Long Did It Take You To.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Msmchy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 10:24am
I have a link to help make trimming easier, it's from th eLong hair community which is the caucasian version of LCHF. I copied and pasted from my hairlista site.

How to self trim!!!!I was doing some research about trimming your own hair and I stumbled upon the LongHairCommunity.com. It's pretty much the same site as hairlista, just geared toward type 1-2 hair. I thought this was truly a gem so I wanted to share these tips with you. Feye's method of trimming has 3 different instructions: One for a straight across trim, a slightly U-shaped trim, and the V-shaped trim. I hope this can bring some clarity and good information to myself as well as you ladies! Keep in mind, Feye has Mid-Back Length type 1a hair, but I'm sure we can re-create and modify her techniques to suit our own hair lengths. You'll have to cut and paste these links.

The straight across trim:
http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/2389.html#cutid1

The V-shaped trim:
http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/2156.html#cutid1

The u-shaped trim:
http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/1827.html#cutid1

At first I made this a blog, but i thought more could glean info if i listed this in the forum section as well. I'd love to see the results from Feye's techniques and also if anyone has any other suggestions or knows any improvements that can be made to these steps, please share!
Sponsored Links

Faiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Missloli Missloli wrote:

lol i dont trim my hair enough to master it lol.. my hair is SOOO uneven.. so im going to grow it out to my desired length and get my mommy to do it for me lol

-la

This is me. My hair is really uneven but ain't no way in the world I'll even it up til I'm safely waist length and even then I will not be doing it myself.
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 11:17am
I dust my own ends and between me and my mom tackling my split ends they get done pretty well.
dragon_gurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2009 at 11:26am
everytime i'm about to trim it, i don't. like last time i rollerset my hair and i was gonna trim, but it all of a sudden looked even enough. it's crazy. lol. when i get alittle past APL, maybe i will.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 3:42am
I thought I was the only one that had not mastered the scissors yet.Wink

Thank you for the links msmchy! I loved the V-cut look I got when a professional clipped my ends but I'm trying to learn myself. I think I'll stick with search and destroy/straight across cut to get my hair to the same length all around.

The flat iron and then clip method sounds good too!
jineat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 8:34am
Didn't take long at all especially trimming my own hair when it was long, it was a snap. I trim my whole head all the way around and the top. I must say I perfected it by watching stylists videos online.
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 1:09pm
The first time I tried it I did a decent job. That was last year in July. Since then I've only done one real trim, which was this year in May and it came out wonderful. I also cut my bangs. Honestly, it takes patience, a good eye, and practice. You'll get it!
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 1:14pm
[QUOTE=Msmchy] I have a link to help make trimming easier, it's from th eLong hair community which is the caucasian version of LCHF. I copied and pasted from my hairlista site.

How to self trim!!!!I was doing some research about trimming your own hair and I stumbled upon the LongHairCommunity.com. It's pretty much the same site as hairlista, just geared toward type 1-2 hair. I thought this was truly a gem so I wanted to share these tips with you. Feye's method of trimming has 3 different instructions: One for a straight across trim, a slightly U-shaped trim, and the V-shaped trim. I hope this can bring some clarity and good information to myself as well as you ladies! Keep in mind, Feye has Mid-Back Length type 1a hair, but I'm sure we can re-create and modify her techniques to suit our own hair lengths. You'll have to cut and paste these links.The straight across trim:http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/2389.html#cutid1[/COLOR">The V-shaped trim:http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/2156.html#cutid1[/COLOR">The u-shaped trim:http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/1827.html#cutid1[/COLOR">At first I made this a blog, but i thought more could glean info if i listed this in the forum section as well. I'd love to see the results from Feye's techniques and also if anyone has any other suggestions or knows any improvements that can be made to these steps, please share!
[/QUOTE>

The U-shape cut is so pretty! I think I'll try that when I reach WL. But these tutorials are good, that's exactly how I cut my hair. I comb it into a center part and cut my right and left sides in sections. Works like a charm!
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Msmchy Msmchy wrote:

The Feye's technique is what I've been using.  Best kind of trim I've had yet! Thumbs%20Up

I have a tendency to 'fairytale', so I go for the V-shape to preserve more of it, and it's more flattering I think.
licipooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2009 at 1:23pm
I only trim dust whatever like every 10-12 weeks when I get my relaxer
And while I'm flat ironing I look at that piece of hair and trim and ends I'm not happy with so I I know I got most of it lol
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic