Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long did it take to see results from biotin?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How long did it take to see results from biotin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 12:40am
I have been taking biotin since february...I am also on femhrt lowest dosage...started femhrt in mAY 2013.  I was noticing a little bit of length but not likeShocked...so I went and bought new flat iron, curling iron and some hair products..

Now my hair has shrunken big time..meaning it looks like someone chopped it..
I am on country  maxi hair plus

5000mcg biotin
vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) 5,000IU
msm..650mg

so y is my hair reverting..these pills are no joke for their $$$$..too dayum expensive

but my nails are growing like crazy..now if my hair grew like my nails i would be a the first black rapunzel...LOL
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:23am
that is what I take Country Maxi Hair  and 2 5000mcg biotin pills/day.
I noticed my Japanese straightener reverted too! hum.... Maybe it was growing faster than usual I dont know why mine reverted too. As long as its growing better I don't care  though. 

EVERYONE says that you have to take a supplement for at least 3 months to start seeing the increased growth from it because a lot of the hair that is about to grow out has been effected by the body chemistry over the last 1/4 year. The growth of anything taken from today on won't show up as hair on your head for about 3 months because there is a growth process under the scalp and a while as new growth even before you see any real difference in the hair that is on the head. So it takes a LONG time of CONSISTENT use for anything. Growing hair is not a one week process. It is a new lifetime process. I am giving myself a year as a realistic time period to see the length I want to start accumulating. If hair grows 1/4" to 1 1/2" per month, and it is dead by the time it comes out of the scalp but it lived in the follicle for a while before it came thru the scalp, you will not have grown any new hair in one week really no matter what you do... Youve got to wait a few months to see the benefit of anything new you do.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 5:49pm
I take Biotin and MSM, so I am not sure if it's just the biotin thats contributing to these things:
For nails, within a week.
For the hair on my head, about 8 weeks.
For hair everywhere else, immediately LOL
Mz_LashayB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz_LashayB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:36pm
So far I've been using Biotin 10,000 mcg at night after meals for 3 weeks now. My nails are growing super fast. As far as my hair, I have a qucik weave so I can't really tell how much it has grown, but it's been itching and my braids are super loose. So I'm asuming that the Biotin is workingWink.
mariafreeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariafreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 9:37am
I purchased Spring Valley brand biotin 10,000mcg with 100mg of kratin from Walmart for $5.94, but you can buy them in your local grocery store, or any place that sells vitamins...JUST BE AWARE THAT "mcg" IS NOT THE SAME AS ""mg".....10,000mcg is = to 10mg

Now, I've been taking 1 biotin 10,000 mcg with 100 mg keratin once a day for only 2 wks and my nails which have always been frail/brittle have grown and are so hard and strong in only 2 wks. I'm still waiting to see some growth with my hair so I'm going to keep taking to see if there's any changes with my hair.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 6:36pm
3 months
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

I take Biotin and MSM and Vitamin C, so I am not sure if it's just the biotin thats contributing to these things:
For nails, within a week.
For the hair on my head, about 8 weeks.
For hair everywhere else, immediately LOL

+1 LOL

My nails seem to grow faster than anything else!  It seems like I'm constantly cutting them.

mikeswife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 2:03pm
Within the first 2 weeks I started to see noticeable growth.
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 9:06am
I started taking spring valley 1000 mcg for about 3 weeks now. I have been noticing a few break outs(1-2 pimples) so I need to maintain drinking approximately 6-10 cups of water ( especially since my face is prone to acne). I'll give myself till the end of Sept of this yr to use biotin to see the benefits.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567