Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long did it take to see results from biotin?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How long did it take to see results from biotin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nakol.sweetz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nakol.sweetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 2:16am
I purchased the hair skin and nails vitamin at frys??? the Kroger brand
I been using it for a week I noticed difference I just cant seem to find the bottle online,...how do I knw if its a synthetic
Sponsored Links

MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 3:16am
I love biotin, it's my stable vitamin. When nothing else worked Biotin does.
It requires a lot of patience i'd say. I saw results after a couple of months.
wouldn't recommend you start on 1k or more if you hadn't had it before or had that high of an mcg. 
Regardless of how much water you're drinking, if it's too much for your body all at once you'll break out. If you break out or feel ill, lower your mcg. 

I started on 300...i know what you're thinking "Stern Smile aint nobody got time for dat" but I took that for a month, moved up to 1k for a month or so, I just finished the bottle then moved up to 2k then 4k (two of the 2k pills), then 5k and then 10k. Now i'm taking hairfinity and mineral rich so I don't take the biotin pill cause there's a lot of it in those. 

There is a clear difference in my hair from when the biotin started kicking in cause it makes your hair thicker and stronger, so it's harder to break of, meaning you retain more length.

Don't try and start on a higher msg and risk the breakout thinking if you drink water you'll be fine.

Don't be off put by the amount of time it'll take, the time will pass anyway. You can either have thicker hair in a couple months or still be wondering what biotin will do for you.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 1:21pm
I noticed results from it slightly within the first week (fast nail growth will be the first thing to show)(5mg). However, I didn't notice a huge difference until I started taking 10mg a day. The most you should take safely is 15mg a day, if you slowly ramp up to it. :)
MissLexiDior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLexiDior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 7:41pm
I noticed growth within a week....sad to say I could tell because I had to shave more often. It works great if you dont get side effects. Ive had none so far.
Gakkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gakkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 11:22pm
Where can i buy BIOTIN?
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Gakkie Gakkie wrote:

Where can i buy BIOTIN?

Usually at your local health store or online
DamiaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamiaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 5:40pm
I just ordered 10,000 Biotin pills so thanks to this post, I'll be sure to drink LOTS of water since that's my biggest issue :-( I was taking Biotin about 1,000 and I was breaking out like crazy but when I went into my veganism diet years ago, they stopped so hopefully the 10,000 won't be too bad :-\
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 8:43pm
any updates?

i've taken biotin daily for the last 3 years.  i don't have any DRAMATIC growth?  but i'm afraid of NOT taking it.  It might have been helping me, and i have noticed it?

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 7:02am
i noted no difference in my hair, and i took it for a straight 45 days, 5000 mcg a day with the b-complex vitamin. 
it took away all hunger and appetite. i was getting by on like one meal a day with biotin. 
it gave me a LOT of energy. where i would be sleepy before, on biotin i could just go, go, go without getting tired or sleepy.
and lastly, i noticed that my nails were strong as all get-out. which was surprising because normally my nails are quite the opposite.
my hair? the most i think happened was that around my edges it started growing in bushy, a lil thicker, but no faster growth or overall thickness from what i could tell. maybe i didn't take it long enough. 

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 12:18pm
Well I am a lot more furrier than usual and I saw these results within two months.  Hair length is a bit sluggish but it is bumped up in length.  My nails...hard to say because it is splitting pretty badly but at the base it looks stronger.  I need to implement omega 3s into my diet and of course more cardio.  When my blood gets pumping by doing cardio, my hair grows like a weed and my skin glows.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>