Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long did it take to see results from biotin?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How long did it take to see results from biotin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2011 at 8:44pm
don't know if this is typical but the nails of my left hand are definitely outdoing the length on the right
Sponsored Links

DonBellaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBellaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by shamieya shamieya wrote:

I think I want to try B-vitamins overall for more energy. I've heard they have good results. I need some workout motivation.

Try taking Nettle, makes your hair and nails grow like crazy and it's much easier on the stomach.
SoSophisticatedVI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoSophisticatedVI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 2:38pm
I started taking biotin 5000mcg about a year ago, I wasn't taking any other supplements at the timem just biotin by itself and i noticed a little bit of a difference.   This past march, i decided to try a program that consisted on a hair, skin and nails formula from GNC, as well as msm 1000mg, flax seed oil, and inositol 500mg.  

It definetaly changed something because about 3 weeks later I noticed my nails were no longer brittle, and my hair grew a little over an inch and improved in thickness...

I will say though, becareful when taking supplements..DO YOUR RESEARCH!  Taking synthetic supplements from lets say cvs or walgreens may not be organic or natural, and may have TONSSS of fillers causing negative side effects etc. 

But question????  Why does everyone say that msm should sink to the bottom of a glass of water????
PowerPuffGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerPuffGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 2:44pm
I've been taking biotin for a week and the first thing I've noticed is smooth, soft, supple skin. I'm loving the results. <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoSophisticatedVI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 2:45pm
My nails do the same thing, my only guess is that its because im right handed so the nails on my right hand are exposed to more damage or "work" i guess....i also notice the break alot more and faster on my right hand too.....but like i said, just a guess...
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 10:34am
Definitely experiencing more acne. Still not quite deterred though. It's hard to get my hands on loads and loads of water, especially at work (itty bitty cups and many many trips to the kitchen get annoying). Apparently 2 liters isn't enough to keep the acne away >:|

I don't wanna jinx myself but monday makes 3 weeks since I have been taking it and it seems as though I've gained an inch and a half of hair... my hair has been 2 inches past APL for some years now and it came close to 3.5+ when I pulled a random strand down in the car mirror while checking out my makeup.  I was like whatttttt!! Hopefully it's not a fluke.

Going to continue and try to drink more water. Does anyone know how safe combining say ... all 3 vitamins? flaxseed,nettle, and biotin.. Is that safe? Anyone tried it.?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoSophisticatedVI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 11:20am
Definitely experiencing more acne. Still not quite deterred though. It's hard to get my hands on loads and loads of water, especially at work (itty bitty cups and many many trips to the kitchen get annoying). Apparently 2 liters isn't enough to keep the acne away >:|

I don't wanna jinx myself but monday makes 3 weeks since I have been taking it and it seems as though I've gained an inch and a half of hair... my hair has been 2 inches past APL for some years now and it came close to 3.5+ when I pulled a random strand down in the car mirror while checking out my makeup.  I was like whatttttt!! Hopefully it's not a fluke.

Going to continue and try to drink more water. Does anyone know how safe combining say ... all 3 vitamins? flaxseed,nettle, and biotin.. Is that safe? Anyone tried it.?

Yes, Ive tried it and its safe as long as the supplements you are taking are natural/organic and not synthetic.   The breakouts could also be from synthetic supplements as well. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 1:01pm
Do not take more more than the recommended daily allowance of Biotin. All you do is overload your system, and make your liver and kidneys work harder to extract the excess. Unless your doctor tells you, that your are vitamin B deficient.
Cneislove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cneislove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 1:06pm
I've been taking Hairfinity and i haven't really noticed any change in length but the texture of my hair has slightly changed its a bit more manageable.

If you haven't already could you all please take 1 or 2 seconds out of your busy days to go and VOTE FOR CNE to become the new face of Lamik Cosmetics (www.lamik-beauty.com). I'm a Finalist but i still need your help!! Just go tohttp://eofcurves.com/?p=33 and vote for me please! This could change my life! Thank you guys so much!

libragurl4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libragurl4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 12:22pm
Im sorry to hear that:/
Are you taking it on an empty stomach? or too soon after eating?
I take 1000mcg every day about 10-15 minutes after i eat breakfast and i feel fine
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic