Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long did it take to see results from biotin?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How long did it take to see results from biotin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
hairfashion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:28pm
Proponents of biotin supplements claim that boosting your biotin intake can help with the following conditions:acne,brittle nails,diabetes,eczema,hair loss,mild depression,skin rash in infants.But I do not take the biotin.It seems that it also speed up metabolism and—in turn—promote weight loss.
Sponsored Links

kgreen6110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgreen6110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:35pm
Was thinking about taking biotin for hair growth, I might look towards something else. My BC makes me feel naseaous enough.
Clubfoxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clubfoxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:35pm
Im taking 10,000mcg of biotin, (2 5000mcg pills), 4000 mg MSM, and 1500mg of garlic daily for my hair. I instantly saw a difference in my nails, and a good side effect of the MSM is that all the scars i have on my body from breast implants, gettng my tubes tied, and 2 c sections, are flattening and trying to go away a little! That alone is enough for me, whether it works for my hair or not. I want to add B complex and bee pollen to this daily cocktail.
blackfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 10:04pm

WHEN I FIRST BIG CHOPPED MY HAIR WAS ABOUT 1 INCH AND I STARTED TAKEIN THE BIOTIN AND A B COMPLEX AND I WAS OKAY AT FIRST BUT THEN I STARTED GETTING HEADACHES AND SO I STOPPED TAKEIN BOTH  OF THEM .I ONLY USED IT FOR A MONTH AND I SEEN GROWTH LIKE RIGHT  AWAY,BUT I HAD TO STOP USEING IT ,IT ALSO COULD HAVE BEEN MESSING WITH ME BECAUSE I TAKE BIRTH CONTROL SO MAYBE THAT WAS IT Pig

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2011 at 4:04pm
I saw a spurt within the first 2 weeks after I started taking Biotin.
I take three 5,000 mcg pills a day, and my hair grows FAST. I also take a BComplex and I drink orange juice or take liquid vitamin C.

Yes, you can get breakouts from Biotin but you can manage it easily by drinking lots of water and by taking a B vitamin.

HHG!
Bannapples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bannapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

I take three 5,000 mcg pills a day, and my hair grows FAST. I also take a BComplex and I drink orange juice or take liquid vitamin C.

Yes, you can get breakouts from Biotin but you can manage it easily by drinking lots of water and by taking a B vitamin.

HHG!

I thought they Daily intake in Biotin was 5000mcg?
Is it okay to take more then what the bottle says
because mines just say to take 1 a day
bouncie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bouncie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2011 at 6:20pm
The only results Ive seen was acne but it went away after continue use. Ive seen more result taking 2 tablets of Nioxin.
SimplyME. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyME. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

HHG!

Thanks for this info, Flw!

I will take a B-Complex and vitamin C (will add this today) with my Biotin.
msjuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 1:20pm
bump
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2011 at 1:28pm
I have been taking it a little over a week and my nails are growinggg!! They have been paper thin and hardly growing without flaking and shredding off instantly. And they are the longest they have been in some years right now. My hair is about a centimeter from BSL and I don't flat iron anymore so its' a little hard to map small hair growth on my hair. I guess I'll measure it in another 2 or 3 weeks. I guess I was nauseous recently but I didn't even think it could have been the biotin. Maybe. Haven't had any particular side effects tho other than a little energy. I take it with fish oil.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic