Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How Long after the breakup to delete texts etc...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHow Long after the breakup to delete texts etc...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
softnbeautiful View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long after the breakup to delete texts etc...
    Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 2:07pm
How long after a break up do you guys take to delete out texts etc? Delete their contact from your phone etc...? 
It's like I want to delete them but sometimes I think as time goes on we forget some of the things they did and  soften up towards some of these  no good bastards. Sometimes  reminder of the crap they pulled is good! Anybody feel me??
Sponsored Links

AffirmativeBunny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2012 at 7:54pm
Its always hard if you still have feelings for a person. I remember when things were over with an ex of mine and I still had texts in my phone from him (those sweet ones and also ones about how he missed me). I remember I then texted him and said "I guess I should delete all those texts of yours that I read all the time" and his response was ":( "
If I'd kept them I woulda hung onto the past.
Sometimes I wish I could still read them though... remind myself of what we once shared but then I'd wind up crying. Disapprove
Dreamin_Still View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 12:59am
Ideally, immediately. However, I held on to texts for months afterward and rereading them weren't helpful. I went through the motions every time I read them. One day after going months without communicating I received a text from him. I must have read that text a dozen times. I decided that no one should have that type of hold on me and I decided to delete him completely from my life (texts, pics, contact info, gifts). I changed my number shortly thereafter.

It was a cleansing process and it hurt deeply. He was my first everything and to this day I still reminisce. I'm still wounded by that failed relationship and have been gun-shy since, but I'd probably be obsessive and much crazier had I allowed myself the ability to reread about those good times any longer and probably let him back into my life.

Good luck, OP.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 1:36am
do it instantly...or all those i love you's and crazy jokes will make you so ugh. you'll be tormenting yourself if you dont. i also changed my number. cut'em off cold turkey. or else you will soften up and might even think its a good idea to go back....9 times outta 10 thats a bad idea...(so i've read around here)

i've taken down pictures, burned letters. get rid of everything.
Bekah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 1:00pm
Immediately. Just went through a break up and I literally removed him from my contacts and deleted his number asap. No point in reminiscing about the past,it's only going to make it harder to let go and heal.
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 2:27pm
It depends.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 3:13pm
Delete those suckers immediately. Holding onto them is holding onto the past which is torturing yourself!

Cutting off all contact ensures a clean moving on.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 4:45pm
Just went through this 2 weeks ago. I changed my number and deleted his texts immediately. It's better to do it right away because you end up torturing yourself more and longer than necessary..
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 8:19pm
I did my instantly when i decided to leave him alone. I also went into Mr. Number and blocked his calls and text messages. You can select the calls go to voicemail or not, I chose not. You can choose a notification of a blocked call or text, I chose not.

I am serious. It is hard though but i get through it day by day. I wanted to go in and unblock this weekend but I didn't I kept it as is. Over time things will get better, you will feel better about it.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 7:44pm
I save everything forever
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic