Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how important are little things in a relationship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how important are little things in a relationship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how important are little things in a relationship
    Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:34am
i was just thinking... how much does the little stuff mean to you
little things like having the same music tastes
type of movies you watch
favorite shows
food
hobbies
humor
etc

those little characteristics of someone.
do they need to have most of the same tastes as u
and if they dont, does the relationship ever last?

(i never had major differences in those things with someone so i dont know personally)

i just think the little things makes a person who they are and thats what i look at mainly, never really got to the "big things" tbh
but i just truly love peoples little quirks, so was wondering if ya'll do to

since people say opposites attract, i just think otherwise.
for ex
how could you really get along with someone if they didnt have the same music preference as you?

i think music is something you love bc you relate to it,
so if you cant relate on something so simple, how do click with everything else

Edited by missunfoolish - Jul 17 2013 at 6:18am
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 6:09am

Umm I don't think the little things matter so much.

What matters is if you share:
- the same values (like no drugs, corporal punishment of children, money matters, future goals etc and ideas such as saving the planet, being active in causes, being accepting of Women's issues in the workforce etc
Also both of you have to know how to be kind to each as well as to other people like family. In fact it s how he treats people in general where you learn how he will treat you.

The list goes on and on .. but whether you have the same taste in music, food or movie etc is not really a focus. That stuff might be nice to share .. but it will not be enough to build the foundation of a good relationship.

And ummm guys like different stuff because they are guys - like he might like race car driving, football etc and as a woman, you like getting a facial, doing yogo etc

But you have you share the same core value system and the same beliefs - that's what matters. That's why 'love is blind'. It does not matter what color or nationality or it he looks like a movie star etc ... as long are of the same mind ... it can work.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 6:18am
good point, i was just talking little things though but yea of course those things are important

cece1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cece1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 1:17am
for your name to missunfoolish you sure do ask a lot of foolish questionsWink. lol just kidding. But hmm if my boo was listening to some Justin Bibier, it would be over; or some Miley cyrus, or wiz kaleifah whatever the heck how you spell his name.LOL
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 5:20pm
I love the little things I find out about a person that I like/am involved with. The big things matter, yes. But the small things just complete it. Like the guy I'm involved with now is very funny. I love to laugh...(that's a big thing) BUT its the way he tells stories. He does like sound effects and stuff LOL like I can't explain it but it that adds to his little quirks that I adore
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 7:06pm
Having the same music tastes does not make a relationship last I like all types of music so too me that does not matter.As you get older those little things do not matter as much what matters is if he loyal,respectful,honest,takes care of you physically,mentally,and financially if needed. I like to laugh and if man can make me laugh cool but if that is the only thing he good for what do I need him for I need a Man who has by back thick or thin and that is a big and small thing that matters the most to me. 
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 9:50pm
The little things matter to me..I never dated a person who was my opposite. We must have the same music taste and watch anime!! lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:10am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

The little things matter to me..I never dated a person who was my opposite. We must have the same music taste and watch anime!! lol

what type of anime :) lol

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:16am
of course, loyalty, respect, honest etc is a must
but thats not what i was getting at

whats all that if the person you're with doesnt have some type of ... jazz about em? lol thats not the word but i cant think

my scenario is the big thing is like a happy meal
but you know you're extra happy when it comes with that toy (the little things)

LOL that sounded way better in my head

Edited by missunfoolish - Jul 25 2013 at 4:18am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

I love the little things I find out about a person that I like/am involved with. The big things matter, yes. But the small things just complete it. Like the guy I'm involved with now is very funny. I love to laugh...(that's a big thing) BUT its the way he tells stories. He does like sound effects and stuff LOL like I can't explain it but it that adds to his little quirks that I adore

girl did you finally get ya man Shocked lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>