Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How I went from Nl/Sl to APL in 4 months (PICS)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHow I went from Nl/Sl to APL in 4 months (PICS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
bigbird View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I went from Nl/Sl to APL in 4 months (PICS)
    Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 9:18am
Hey everyone!!! I'm new to this site and I just wanted to share with you my hair journey. Soooo for most of my life I've had long hair (a little passed my bra strap), but when I was in high school (mainly in my final year), I decided to cut it all off and get one of those cool bobs. Now that was like two years ago, but I noticed after that, my hair wouldn't get any longer than right above my shoulders. I started doing research over this summer (I'm in 1st year Uni now) and I realized that the reason my hair wasn't growing was because of two things, 1) I was straightening it every day, leading to damage and 2) I was relaxing it like every 2 months and wasn't doing anything to take care of my hair inbetween (deep conditions etc) Overtime, I read through hair care forums and watched tutorials on youtube, and eventually came up with my own hair care process and continued this throughout the summer. I wanted my hair to be back down to my bra strap because to be honest I missed hiding behind my hair lol This is what I did from May to now:

1) I deep conditioned 1-2 times a week for an hour alternating between Mane N Tail conditioner and Herbal Essences conditioner (I mostly used Herbal essences after the first month cause I ran low on Mane N Tail and my mom kept nagging me saying the conditioner is for horses)

2) Once in a while I would deep condition with a mix of Avocado, Honey, and Olive Oil (one time I had coconut milk mixed in there....never again...)

3) I stopped using heat in my hair, except for on my bangs (I would wear it open in the front and had the back up in a bun if I had anywhere to go) I noticed a big difference in the texture of my hair when I stopped using all that heat, my hair felt thicker and healthier lool

4) I relaxed my hair sometimes at the end of March or beginning of May and have since relaxed it yesterday (August 8th)

5) During July I read about the Micozonale Nitrate stuff and it sparked my curiosity. Unfortunately where I live they don't sell Monistat, so instead I bought Conesten (It's like Monistat but it contains 1% Clotrimazole in it) and I would apply that to my scalp like 2-3 times a week

Now I don't know what it was, but I guess in combination it allowed my hair to grow 2.5 inches in 3-4 months (August is suppose to be my 4th month, because my last relaxer was in the beginning of May) Anyways, I have pictures here as proof, I read that it's good to take progress pictures, so that's what I did lol

In the first month you can totally see breakage on one side .____. how embarrassing lol I'm glad it's a lot better now

Sponsored Links

Lilacflower1988 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 9:21am

Good progress!

bigbird View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 9:27am
lool yeah i realized that last picture is a tad blurred so you cant really see the hair well. i was going to post up another picture of it actually touching my armpits, its actually hard for me to hold a camera and get the back of my head :S lol
bigbird View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 9:32am
Thanks! :) I'm hoping to be down to bra strap length by November/December :))
MsG View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 10:18am
Congratulations on your progress.  Keep up the good work.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 10:51am
where are the pics??? :*(
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 10:54am
Great progress. Big smile
vibrant1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 3:48pm
Great progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thumbs UpClap
CaramelDelight89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 5:43pm
Awesome!
neongreen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 8:53pm
Good job!! I'm trying to work through issues with breakage. This gives me hope!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic