BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How I got a bigger booty!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I got a bigger booty!
    Posted: Feb 02 2015 at 8:01pm
Maca root didn't work for me, Vitamin E + fish oil didn't work and living off potatoes didn't work either lol I was scared to go to the gym but braved it last year September and haven't looked back!

Measurements September 2014: 34"
Measurements February 2015: 37.9"
(My gym was closed for 3 weeks and I actually lost .3 inches one month - otherwise i'd be averaging an inch a month Smile)

My Workout Routine:

I work one day then take a two day break. Eg. Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun and so on.

Leg Extension 4 sets of 7
Leg Curls 4 sets of 7
Walking Lunges with dumbells 4 sets of 10
Leg Press 4 sets of 10
Raised one leg lunges (not sure of the official name for this)  4 sets of 9
Single leg press (leg press machine but I turn sideways and do one leg at a time)  4 sets of 10
Squat pulses with kettlebell (not a full squat, you stay down and just pulse) 4 sets of 15
Bridges with barbell 4 sets of 10
Abductors (AKA the good girl/bad girl machine - smh) 4 sets of 10

It sounds like a lot but I can do my entire workout in 45 minutes but sometimes I take long breaks and end up taking up to an hour and a half. You will see results within a couple of weeks so that will motivate you.

Notice there's no real squats? Wink contrary to popular belief these are not necessary to build glutes.

3+4= 7  but 5+2=7 too There's more than one way to skin a cat get a big booty!

Google "lyzabeth lopez" she hates doing weighted squats in the gym and omg Becky, look at her butt! She does videos on how to do them because she's a trainer but doesn't really do them herself.

My diet is trash personally, I'll just do a lot of cardio closer to summer, till then I love my food too much to actually diet. I do try and eat a lot of protein and less wheat so I eat a lot of steak and sweet potato Thumbs Up I take a whey protein shake for muscle recovery.

Sorry the post is so long, what I'm doing feels very straight forward but in writing it seems long. I hope this helps someone Big smile Any questions? I'd be glad to answer.
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2015 at 11:10pm
how much weight are you doing for leg press?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 7:05am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

how much weight are you doing for leg press?

I do hypertrophy training. So I started doing 40kg and now i'm on 100kg.

For the single leg press I do 50kg

It's the leg press with the pin though not the one where you manually load the weights on. 

Edited by MissAnnaMC - Feb 03 2015 at 7:06am
DasiaWasia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasiaWasia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2015 at 8:44pm
How long do you wait in between each set?
Do you work out the rest of your body?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by DasiaWasia DasiaWasia wrote:

How long do you wait in between each set?
Do you work out the rest of your body?

I hear you shouldn't take more than a 30 second break but I only stick to that if I'm rushing. I just try not to hog a machine or equipment for too long so usually no more than a minute and a half or until I get my breath back.

I warm up with cardio sometimes but I don't really work the rest of my body because I feel it relies very heavily on diet. If I need to drop some weight quickly I'll just do more cardio and sort my diet out a bit and get back on the insanity workout if I really want results quickly.

If I want to slim down I will just cut wheat out of my diet for a week or two. When I cut wheat out of my diet completely (bread, pasta, rice etc) my stomach slims down ridiculously fast, I'd see results after a week. My waist is 26" and I've been able to maintain that by tweaking the wheat intake, cardio and then slowing down with junk food after that. Smile
DasiaWasia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DasiaWasia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by MissAnnaMC MissAnnaMC wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
Originally posted by DasiaWasia DasiaWasia wrote:

How long do you wait in between each set?</span><br style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;"><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Do you work out the rest of your body?
</span><div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I hear you shouldn't take more than a 30 second break but I only stick to that if I'm rushing. I just try not to hog a machine or equipment for too long so usually no more than a minute and a half or until I get my breath back.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I warm up with cardio sometimes but I don't really work the rest of my body because I feel it relies very heavily on diet. If I need to drop some weight quickly I'll just do more cardio and sort my diet out a bit and get back on the insanity workout if I really want results quickly.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">If I want to slim down I will just cut wheat out of my diet for a week or two. When I cut wheat out of my diet completely (bread, pasta, rice etc) my stomach slims down ridiculously fast, I'd see results after a week. My waist is 26" and I've been able to maintain that by tweaking the wheat intake, cardio and then slowing down with junk food after that. Smile

My waist is also 26". :) I want to gain weight not lose any. I'm excited to go to the gym and get this all going.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 12:00am
wait, why do you do the single leg press?
i usually use both legs for leg press

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 10:09am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

wait, why do you do the single leg press?
i usually use both legs for leg press

I do the double leg press as well but with the double leg press you have more stability and when you switch to a single leg you minimise your base of support so it makes your stabilisers and other muscles work super hard.

"Single-leg exercises engage smaller muscles like the abductors, gluteus medius, and quadratus lumborum in ways we can't duplicate training two legs at a time. This translates into more balanced growth and development." 

- Taken from BodyBuilding.com

(building the abductor and gluteus medius muscles = curvier hips Wink You can google images of where these muscles are for a better visual idea of where you'll see growth)

Edited by MissAnnaMC - Feb 06 2015 at 10:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 10:38am
Sn. The raised one leg lunges that I couldn't remember the name of are Bulgarian squats (lots of images on google) but if you step out further forward than they do in a lot of those images, it works the glutes more than the quads like a regular bulgarian squat does.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 11:43am
that sounds interesting, i am going to try it
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic