Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

how good are you at talking to strangers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:45pm
I am complete opposite ...Lord don't let me be at happy hour at the barLOL but I love having intelligent conversations... Heart
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:45pm

I'm fine
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

LOL, I'm feeling great and you? You can only say you are doing fine if you are not in the presence of a cornball. If you do you are opening yourself to the line of " you sure are but I asked how you doing"  and we don't want that. 
im just peachy. how are  you doing  is just the basic casual greeting but  I never say it so im practicing
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

It generally develops with maturity, although some may just be reclusive individuals. I usually chop it up with everyone unless I have sh*t on my mind. I stop communicating with those who do not reciprocate and write them off as unfriendly.

you really don't care for introverts, do you?

There's a fine line between being introverted and lack of manners. I was once introverted myself however my parents taught me to speak when entering a room and when being spoken to that superseded my introverted-ness.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:50pm

working has improved my small talk skills

b/c chile I really do not give sh*t about about these people

but I do it because I have to

making small talk outside of work does feel like a chore

there are few people that I actually like talking to and hearing their opinion

I know you have to get through the small talk and eventually get to know a person better and then develop a relationship but honestly it seems like a lot of work when I already have people in my life that I like being around
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

I think you have to develop the habit like a muscle especially if your not a natural.

I'm not a natural by a long shot. One Summer I forced myself to do some day time holla sessions.
It was tough but it helped. Its all about treating it like a performance until you become more comfortable.

I'm still mad awkward … and this is from somebody who goes on stage to do open mics sometimes too.
yeah.... I just saw a short vid about social anxiety  so im trying to develop good habits.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:53pm

It generally develops with maturity, although some may just be reclusive individuals. I usually chop it up with everyone unless I have sh*t on my mind. I stop communicating with those who do not reciprocate and write them off as unfriendly.

you really don't care for introverts, do you?

There's a fine line between being introverted and lack of manners. I was once introverted myself however my parents taught me to speak when entering a room and when being spoken to that superseded my introverted-ness.

also outside of work, only make a true effort to speak more at large family functions

I was the kid that aunts and uncles would say "you don't like to talk" lol

I did talk to people, just not them and I was a shy kid so I didn't always run up to my other cousins I hadn't seen in months or years and start playing with them

as I have gotten older I know I can't enter an event and keep to myself or the people I came with because, to my family, it will come off rude

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:54pm
considering how introverted I can be ill say I'm pretty darn good at socializing with strangers

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I am complete opposite ...Lord don't let me be at happy hour at the barLOL but I love having intelligent conversations... Heart

I am extremely talkative when I am in a super good mood, very bored or tipsy/drunk
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:57pm

working has improved my small talk skills

b/c chile I really do not give sh*t about about these people

but I do it because I have to

making small talk outside of work does feel like a chore

there are few people that I actually like talking to and hearing their opinion

I know you have to get through the small talk and eventually get to know a person better and then develop a relationship but honestly it seems like a lot of work when I already have people in my life that I like being around
you  been hating your job for awhile. I really hope you find something that stimulates your intellect and makes use of your skills because you should  definitely feel more useful.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic