Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how good are you at talking to strangers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how good are you at talking to strangers?
    Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:27pm
or just casual convo.. its a  real burden on me because causal convo always been difficult. I  been trying and havent been too successful. people say how you doing,  I say im fine, they respond with further convo, I barely respond, and from there im pretty much suck in a zone where  people know  not to expect much from me.  I  said I was becoming a Jehovah Witness and at the kingdom hall (the place of worship) a few people didnt even know I could talk... but I plan on adding certain common phrase people use in such situations. ill even ask how are you doing back and even first and things like nice to meet you as well.
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:33pm
Some people aren't good at small talk , I have to be in the mood to engage in it and I prefer it not be about foolery. 
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:38pm
It generally develops with maturity, although some may just be reclusive individuals. I usually chop it up with everyone unless I have sh*t on my mind. I stop communicating with those who do not reciprocate and write them off as unfriendly.
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Some people aren't good at small talk , I have to be in the mood to engage in it and I prefer it not be about foolery. 
how are you doing?
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

It generally develops with maturity, although some may just be reclusive individuals. I usually chop it up with everyone unless I have sh*t on my mind. I stop communicating with those who do not reciprocate and write them off as unfriendly.
some people write me off as incomprehensible
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:41pm
LOL, I'm feeling great and you? You can only say you are doing fine if you are not in the presence of a cornball. If you do you are opening yourself to the line of " you sure are but I asked how you doing"  and we don't want that. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:42pm

you really don't care for introverts, do you?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:44pm
Im awkward at it.....because most times I don't care and its a chore to fake it.....when the convo is interesting its effortless
Josephuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

you really don't care for introverts, do you?
how are you  doing?
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:45pm
I think you have to develop the habit like a muscle especially if your not a natural.

I'm not a natural by a long shot. One Summer I forced myself to do some day time holla sessions.
It was tough but it helped. Its all about treating it like a performance until you become more comfortable.

I'm still mad awkward … and this is from somebody who goes on stage to do open mics sometimes too.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>