Perfect Hair Collection

How far would you support your kids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How far would you support your kids?
    Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 9:47am
Let me say this: I grew up in a household in where we were strongly discouraged in getting jobs in high school and to a certain extent college.  I remember arguing and begging my mother in letting me join Gallery 37, a kind of artist apprenticeship that you were compensated for.  I did it for a week or two before my mom and dad forced me to quit.  Eventually they met me halfway and let me get a summer job.  In the same vein, they didn't take my money that I earned and I wasn't expected to contribute to bills. Where my parents are from and in their mindset, having children working is a sign that as a parent you aren't doing your job in supporting your children.  Basically in their mind, that is a sign that they are failures as a parent.  So it kind of seems weird to me to have children (17 and younger) help with family bills but when said child is around college aged, that's where my stance gets a bit murky.  I am uneasy on how this young man in the article chose to make his money, I feel that he would make just as much money waiting tables or deliverying pizza.  Granted I am ignorant on how the economy is doing in Cocoa Beach, "I mean really Florida, really?" Florida but sh*t can't be that bad...can it?  Comments?

Mother supports son, 18, who was kicked out of high school for starring in gay PICS to pay the family bills

• Robert Marucci was suspended from Cocoa High School in Florida after schoolmates found his explicit videos and began sharing them at school
  • Marucci and his mother insist his work is legal and outside school so should not affect his classes
  • The school said he was a 'major disruption' - but they have now allowed him back into the classroom following outrage over his suspension

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 12:20 EST, 21 January 2014 | UPDATED: 16:59 EST, 21 January 2014

The mother of a student who was kicked out of high school after starring in gay PICS to help pay his family's bills said she couldn't be prouder.

Melyssa Lieb, from Cocoa, Florida, said she vehemently supports her son, 18-year-old Robert Marucci, who was suspended from his high school after classmates discovered his explicit career.

'I think he's the most awesome person in the world,' she told WKMG through tears. 'He stood up and he was the man of the house when I couldn't be.'

Scroll down for video

Support: Melyssa Lieb says she is proud of her son for trying to earn cash for the family
+8

Support: Melyssa Lieb says she is proud of her son for trying to earn cash for the family

Back to class: Robert Marucci has been allowed to return to Cocoa High School
+8

Back to class: Robert Marucci has been allowed to return to Cocoa High School

Following outrage over his suspension, the school district has now ruled that the decision was wrong and Marucci is allowed back to school on Wednesday.

'No child would ever be suspended for a job that they have outside of the school environment,' said Michelle Irwin, a spokesperson for the district.

Even after his suspension, Marucci remained unapologetic for the work he considers no different any other job. He pointed out that it is legal and doesn't believe a school can tell him where he can work.

The debacle began two weeks ago when fellow students at Cocoa High School discovered his videos on an adult website and started showing each other the explicit images on their phones.

Exposed: Roberts role in adult films came to light when other students spotted him in PICS movies
+8

Exposed: Robert's role in adult films came to light when other students spotted him in PICS movies

Marucci
+8
Marucci
+8

Legal: But he insists that the job is no different from any other, saying it was legal and outside of school

The website shows Marucci, who goes by the name of 'Noel', posing naked and having sex with other men, as well as featuring in an introductory video about his love of surfing.

Despite his pride in his work, when the photos emerged at school, he was targeted by bullies, WKMG reported.

School administrators called him a 'major disruption', according to the referral slip.

A friend posted on Reddit that Marucci was suspended for 10 days, which meant that he would not be unable to graduate because of an automatic 'failure from absences'.

'I feel like I have been treated unfairly and this is unjust,' Marucci said. 'This was completely legal. I didn't break any laws, and this took place out of the school.'

Kicked out: On his referral note, school administrators called Marucci a major disruption
+8

Kicked out: On his referral note, school administrators called Marucci a 'major disruption'

Decisions: Cocoa High School has reversed its suspension of Robert
+8

Decisions: Cocoa High School has reversed its suspension of Robert

Backing: A protest by fellow students was held after Robert was suspended from class
+8

Backing: A protest by fellow students was held after Robert was suspended from class

Administrators also wrote that he threatened to bring weapons to the school, but he denies this.

But his mother said these threats were not the real reason he was kicked out, as Lieb claimed the principal, Dr. Stephanie Soliven, told her: 'He was expelled due to his explicit lifestyle career.'

His mother added: 'I think that it is [her] morals and her personal beliefs and I don't think that this is anybody's business except for my son. The children at the school found it [the PICS] and she didn't do anything to stop it.'

But Marucci's mother wasn't the only one who supported him, as dozens staged a walkout at the school on Friday. A Facebook group was also set up to support him.

See below for video

Edited by NARSAddict - Jan 23 2014 at 9:49am
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 9:48am
I'll support him as long as he's compliant
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 9:53am
if my child felt more compelled due to my not making money to support our household, i would feel shame at not doing better as a parent/provider to where he felt that was his place. 

in a grown, legal adult sense, while i wouldn't agree with his profession, that's his right/choice to make. it's not his problem that people don't agree with the legal work that he does. he shouldn't be suspended/expelled form school and i would support him in getting his education. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 9:55am
He shouldn't have been suspended...

He didn't land the typical HS job at mcdonalds or the mall, he just so happened to be a p0rn star...and the school couldn't deal with that? If he were a finalist on American Idol, I don't think the publicity would've gotten him suspended, so the school is full of sh*t.

And if his mother feels she's doing the right thing by supporting him, so be it...that's their business.

different strokes for different folks

No pun intended

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Jan 23 2014 at 9:57am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 10:05am
my ppls didnt want me to work either. 

my children will be taken care of until theyre done with school (if i can) 

but i will try to teach them to have some work ethic and independence at the same time... 

i feel bad for those ppl out there roughing it.. like cant even get money from their parents and have to support themselves at 19.. 

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 10:05am
I don't agree on his chosen profession at such a young age, and I wouldn't encourage my son to do such a thing, but it's "mothers" out there that allow their sons to sell drugs and happily reap the benefits.

At least what he's doing is legal.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:24pm
As I kind of went through on another thread, I'm in a similar position with my parents so here is my stance:

Personally, I would not bar my child at ANY age to pursue any money making endeavor as long as it's not immoral AND they are in my house.  If they would say, be a stripper and p0rn star as and adult AND out of my house that is their decision.  I wouldn't agree but each person, right or wrong, is in charge of how they act and will need to face the consequences of said actions.  If a child wants to do what you did OP and do something to make money that's going to help their career/personal development you should let them because you don't know were that is going to lead. 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:37pm
I would work 5 jobs to avoid my child working in the sex industry . I would sue the School .
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:41pm
we had a stripper at my HS, she didn't get kicked out..
not sure how her parents felt about it.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:43pm
they do need to suspend those badass kids for showing PICS on their phones in school.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic