Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhow do you wash your hair with weave on?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lifegirl01 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do you wash your hair with weave on?
    Posted: Nov 05 2006 at 7:33am
You can either braid it and run the shampoo/cond. down and in btwn. the braids OR wash like you would normally do in the shower except DON'T scrunch or tangle the hair up at all just let the water run down the hair and rub the shampoo/cond. DOWN the hair! Never scrunch it cause it ma get tangled.  Also try to run ur fingers btwn. the weave to get to ur hair.  Hope this helps
Sponsored Links

MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2006 at 9:54am
Originally posted by MissLuxurious MissLuxurious wrote:

What I do is clear out the hair and detangle it before getting into the shower. Then I let the water run down the hair. Never scrunch your hair when washing, even your own hair, because this cause tangles!

I section it in two down the middle, as if I was going to wear two pigtails, and place each section over each shoulder without braiding.  I pour the shampoo in my hand and then smooth it onto the hair in a downward motion, so that it lathers up, but NOT scrunching the hair. I do this to both "pigtails".

I also do the horseshoe that I have out separately as well, using the same method.

For the scalp, I put diluted shampoo on my fingertips and massage my scalp with the fingertips, the rinse really well. I usually do this first, so that the dirt from the scalp doesn't run into the cleaned hair.

Then I do the conditioner in the same steps as above...

Towel dry in a downward motion, making sure not to ruffle the cuticles.

This is the easiest, and I never have any tangles. Also use this method when washing your own hair, especially after taking down your weave.

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2006 at 11:10am
If you need more info on this you should try doing a search.. there's a few topics on this subject.. There's an old topic on page 7 of my search (see below) that has a few suggestions for washing instructions..

Search Results for 'washing weave' has found 81 results in 11.531 seconds.
This search was processed Today at 9:05am.

Forum: Weaves / Extensions ArchiveHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Washing Your Hair With Weave In
essence

Replies: 29
Views: 952

View Post View%20Post
Washing Your Hair With Weave In
Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:56am
I wash my full hair weave, braid, weft, thread... errythang ALL the time. I normally wash my hair in the shower... I think the key is rinsing well and whenever it seems like it might wanna get mildewy (sp?) thats when I will do a vinegar rinse... I use applicator bottle and squirt vinegar down into the tracks and scalp... Then continue w/normal washing procedures... And I have never had one instance of the "funky locs" View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / Extensions ArchiveHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Washing Your Hair With Weave In
DivaVocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:15am
Orangepop--you are right about the mildew smell. But i think that mainly happens when residue is left on the scalp and in the hair. I rinse all products out thoroughly. It's two things.. product left in the tracks, and the tracks not being dried thoroughly.. If you are washing in the shower use a handheld shower head, andmake sure you get ALL the product out.. I ususally hold the attatchmentto my head in several places to make sure the water gets down to the tracks..If you wash in the sink,... View%20Post
MsBBWBarbieDoll

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 16 May 2006 at 6:34am
I have to wash mine down to the scalp, or I will be itching like crazy. I use regular shampoo and conditoner on the weave, and I use diluted shampoo on my scalp so it's easy to rinse out. I dry my scalp and cornrows throughly with a blow dryer, and I always wash it early in the morning, so I can be sure it's throughly dry before I go to bed. I can go longer without washing in the winter, but in the summer, forget it, I must wash every week. That's why I like braids in the summer,... View%20Post
DivaVocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 15 May 2006 at 8:43pm
Yes you can wash the weave like it's your own, and you should.. It's an old myth/wivestale about not washing your weave.. You have to wash your hair, weave or no weave.. I wash my hair AT least once a week either by washing it myself or going to the salon for a wash and blow dry.. The key is making sure you dry the tracks THOROUGHLY.. I never wash my hair at night so that the tracks have a chance to dry and so that I am not sleeping on wet hair.. I blow dry the hair, put on a leave-in... View%20Post
SouthernFlair

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 15 May 2006 at 7:51pm
yes of course you can wash it. now alot of women on here wash their full head as far as getting their scalp and cornrows wet..however I dont like getting my scalp and braids wet because sometimes it can make your braids loose so i just wash the weave and do not fully wet my braids and scalp. Now i have some of my real hair left out in the front now I do wash that. Divasm, I saw you post that b4, about not getting the scalp and braids wet. how do you acheive that, I tried it this past weekend,... View%20Post
MoreHair_43

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 15 May 2006 at 7:37pm
I was talking with a co-worker about sewn in weave and she says she doesn't wash her hair until she removes her weave. Am I wrong, but I thought you could wash your hair with the weave in just like its yours. Maybe the cheap beauty store hair doesn't stand up to washing, but the hair that you guys are talking about .........SURELY you can wash your hair. My scalp would itch itself to death.... Fill me in someone. View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / Extensions ArchiveHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Taking Down a Sew In
DivaVocals

Replies: 13
Views: 341

View Post View%20Post
Taking Down a Sew In
Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:01am
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I know the hair will shed, it's just the amount that kills me. When I take it out I want to cry because of the amount of hair in the sink! I've gone from relaxed to natural before but did individual braids and never had this problem. I kept thinking it was something I was doing wrong and once it happened to my friend, I knew we weren't washingour hairright.I've never kept my hair in sections while taking down the braids, so that's something... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / Extensions ArchiveHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: indianhair.com smells like wet dog!!!!!!!!!
blckberi2005

Replies: 32
Views: 864

View Post View%20Post
indianhair.com smells like wet dog!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10 May 2006 at 9:01pm
I ordered from RK, and as soon as I got it, I washed it in the sink with dishwashing liquid...and I didn't get that smell. I know that smell though, I would get it a lot with bss hair. Is it from processing? I dunno, but the dishwashing liquid followed by conditioner and a little olive oil should take care of the problem. See you know the deal. That Olive Oil Replenishing Pak is the BOMB. It costs only $1.29 at Walmart or any BSS. I have about 10 paks in my bathroom now. I use it on... View%20Post

Edited by DivaVocals - Nov 22 2006 at 9:51am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System