BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How do you pull of kinky curly hair?`

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spoiled302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoiled302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:26am

@alexiscymone what products do you use on hair

Sponsored Links

Littleone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Littleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 2:57pm

Hi,

I had so many problems with blending, the technique alexiscymone and missbossy uses is what worked for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePm76qe1as - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePm76qe1as

Please try it is you can.

Edited by Littleone - Jul 22 2013 at 2:59pm
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:35pm
Kurlie- alexis-amandakay-

what's your braiding pattern and how much hair are you using?

These pics are the bomb.com

alexiscymone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexiscymone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Spoiled302 Spoiled302 wrote:

@alexiscymone what products do you use on hair

I usually don't put anything on the weave hair unless its really old hair than I will add some type of light oil to help and for my own hair I used Shea butter n alil bit of Eco styler.

As far as my braiding pattern I do a half circle from side to back to the other side and the rest straight back.
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Kurlie- alexis-amandakay-

what's your braiding pattern and how much hair are you using?

These pics are the bomb.com

For that particular install (and most installs) I had a circle with 1 cm perimeter and a u-shaped portion about 2" wide out in top.

rebelle . View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelle . Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:57pm
My only question is how do you guys combat big foreheads? Stern Smile

I have a five head so wearing a side part is out of the question.  I want curly hair bangs, BUT like I've mentioned before I'm in the Air Force, so IDK if it's possible to get a sew in & have bangs & still be able to pull those bangs back when I have to wear it in a bun for work.

Sigh.
Betty Alice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:11pm
I want to share the hair cares from an hair extension website.
1:Please use big round head comb with wide space and acidic shampoo and hair conditioner.But don't explose the hair exntensions under the sun for a long time or too close to the root when dry with a blower.
2:please don't grasp and knead the roots strongly when wash head
If they tie a knot,don’t comb too much, should use some professional non-oily preservative solution first then slowly comb.
3:If the hair extensions is long,please separate them in several strands then comb slowly with much patience. It must be washed by hand, not by machine and keep it in a dry place.

I like their service and their item. It really beautiful.Clap
LeeMari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LeeMari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 10:29am
Try mixing textures. I think the super defined look may come from all the curls being the exact same pattern. My hair textures vary from 4a/b and 3c so I know a complete 4a texture weave would be a hassle to blend!
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 8:44pm
Sorry for the late replies! I just got a job.

KurlieBeautie  - When I say it looks fake, I mean it looks TOO perfect yanno? I don't plan to blend since I'm wearing a wig. The photos posted of everyone's KC weaves look natural. They don't look too fake/too perfect, they look like these women are pulling the KC off very well. Like I said, when I had my hair natural before damaging it so it fit my face/type extremely well. But when I wear KC hair that's not mines, I feel it's too shiny or too perfect and is obvious it's fake. perhaps that's because I am able to compare my own real KC hair and fake KC hair. I've never had to blend my hair before. I do like how natural your install looks in the braid though. 

AmandaKay - I really liked the pictures provided. In reply to your last post, that may be my problem - big hair. the youtube URL i provided when I said it looked fake was the fact that it was too perfect looking along with big. My hair wasn't really "big" like Chaka Khan's but it was thick. I guess the issue is the fact that so many KC weaves and wigs look not only too perfect but too big. it's mostly peakmill's video that i think looks fake. 

alexiscymone - WHERE do you get that weave? it matches my hair very closely!!!

LeeMari - I agree. That's what I meant. Super defined comes out looking "too perfect", making me feel it's obvious it's fake. I should consider mixing textures if I ever get a weave again. I've heard to do that from someone before. 

thanks everyone else for the tips!

KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 10:52am
^I guess I understand what you're saying, OP if your hair has different textures. All the curls on my head are the exact same texture and they are defined, so we have different KC goals.  LOL

Maybe to help with the shininess you think makes it look fake, make sure your leave out is moisturized, if you're gonna wear leave out, or maybe a light dusting of baby powder combed through the hair to take away some shine (I've done this before. It feels a little weird but works)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic