FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How do you make your installs last?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you make your installs last?
    Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 1:00pm
Hey ladies! I was wondering how you make your installs last more than a month? Not the hair itself but the actual base of braids/net/leaveout? I will be paying someone to do my sew in for the first time in almost two years (self installed for the time being). I want to pay someone because mine never last. Idk if it is the ease of being able to do it myself so I'm lazy or if I'm washing my natural hair too much. My braids gets loose so quickly ! Idk how to make the install last *shrugs* I don't want to waste money...
Sponsored Links

hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:34pm
Braid your hair using some cheap braiding hair.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:35pm
small braids with a net. My hair is very thick though and was about 16" long before I cut it. I have never had a base become lose, even after my installer cut half of my hair.
Milanni Parys View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milanni Parys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:49pm
Combo of what both ladies said. Small braids with synthetic braiding hair and do a few stitches to make the ends (tails) more secure then I add a net.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 5:20pm
Small braids reinforced with thread similar to braiding hair (without the itch).  I don't use a net (just my preference). My braids last 10 weeks and beyond if I desire and I never have matting issues.
nOB0DYb33TT3R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nOB0DYb33TT3R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Small braids reinforced with thread similar to braiding hair (without the itch).  I don't use a net (just my preference). My braids last 10 weeks and beyond if I desire and I never have matting issues.

Just to clarify, do you mean you braid thread in with your hair or is it something called braiding thread that you can buy? If so you got a link or picture? TIA!
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:42pm
I braid using synth hair and then I sew down my braids onto themselves not other braids and then sew on a net.
theresag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

I braid using synth hair and then I sew down my braids onto themselves not other braids and then sew on a net.

That's a good idea!!!!! I normally braid all my ends together and sew it down... and it leaves that ugly tiny hump in the back.

I'm definitely going to start doing this for my installs Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply