Perfect Hair Collection

How do you keep your hair soft and moisturized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by stacy200480 stacy200480 wrote:

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

It starts from within...

I begin by removing any product build up by clarifying before any deep treatment,I clarify weekly

Infuse in moisture by DCing with steam or for no less than 2 hrs or overnight

Sealing my cuticles to hold on to that moisture with cold water and ACV rinses

Oil rinsing

Moisturizing and sealing daily or when needed...

tying my hair up at night to retain that moisture

What do you clarify with? is it a sulfate shampoo or wat?

Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo, yes its a sulfate...

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Jun 21 2011 at 11:27am
Sponsored Links

stacy200480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:31am
So the sulfate doesnt leave your hair feelin dry or stripped? or does the dc make up for any dryness?
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:35am

So the sulfate doesnt leave your hair feelin dry or stripped? or does the dc make up for any dryness?

I use sulfate shampoos because stripping/removing product is exactly what I want to do, thats the purpose of a clarifying shampoo...and yes the DC does...When I do a mid week wash I use a much gentler shampoo...

during the winter I prepoo before washing...

my hair usually doesnt feel stripped from the suave though, but that may be because I usually have product in my hair...if you don't use any products with silicones or mineral oil you dont need a sulfate shampoo to clarify...you can get away with a gentle cleanser...

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Jun 21 2011 at 11:37am
stacy200480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:44am
Oh ok that makes sense. THanks for your input!Smile
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

When my hair was shorter, I had to braid it up and cover it in order to keep the moisture in.  Just moisturizing and sealing wasn't cutting it.

Also, I was using a method to moisturize that's similar to Chicoro's method (water based, then oil based, then creamy).  I would use my water-based conditioner as a leave in (Suave Tropical Coconut). Then I would put some Africa's Best Herbal Oil or EVOO on.  Lastly, I'd use a butter as a final seal.  Coupled with a good moisturizing DC, and keeping my head covered while at home, that method helped my hair to stay moisturized.

What butter did you use? Was it shea butter because i was thinking of getting some for when i take my hair down, but i wasnt sure if it was a good buy. Also wat was your dc? i can never find a good moisturizing one under ten bucks.

BTW your hair is so huge and beautiful! i love it!!Smile

Thanks lady.Embarrassed

Yup, I use a shea/cocoa butter mix.  I bought them both in bulk on Amazon.

I searched for a long time for a good moisturzing DC.  What ended up working for me was $2 Queen Helene cholesterol and I add in a little EVOO and honey (and salt but I won't go there in this threadLOL).  I even tried other expensive DCs (to include Silicon Mix) and none of them moisturized any better.  What I really realized was that honey + EVOO is so moisturizing that it doesn't matter which conditioner I mixed it with, so I stick with the cheap stuff.

IA w/Nike about the Suave Clarifying poo and its purpose.  I've had the same bottle for the last two years..I'm sure it's probably old. LoL I only use it once/mth and still have over 1/2 of the bottle left.  Cheap and effective.  Yes, your DC should replenish any lost moisture.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 10:08pm
hey! my hair is dense 4b with some 4a here and there... :-)

i wash with organix nonsulfate poo and suave/organix/renpure conditioner weekly.  i steam every other week.

i use darcy's botanicals leave in and put her avocado/honey twisting cream over that (i wear twists a lot), along with a mix of jbco and jane carter's nourish and shine...my hair feels moisturized for about 4 days after my wash...
glamrock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 10:11pm

When my hair is in a fro, i cowash daily and i do not use more than 2 products on it at a time - normally a water based leave in conditioner and a light sealant like Eqyss Survivor or Noodlehead.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:35pm

1. the product I use water, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted, Aloe Butter/Sweet almond oil mix.

2. the method in which you apply the product Dampen hair with a spray bottle or in the shower. Then apply HE TT throught out hair. Then apply my aloe butter/swt almond oil mix on top. Just so you know, Swt almond oil is light compared to olive oil. The aloe butter is also light compared to shea butter.

3. your hair type
4a-ish? It's a mix.

HTH!Smile
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 1:01am
I think I got mine down pat so here is what I do:

I work out at least three times a week so I sweat hard.  To remove the salt from my scalp, I use Aussie Moist conditioner to do a conditioner wash.  Then I would follow up with a Taliah Waajid Black Earth Protective Mist Bodifier (which is a leave in conditioner) and then twist my hair up with the Shea Moisture Smoothie and some random gel to hold it.  Then at night I would use a a dab of the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Masque  on my ends and in the morning, my hair feels like cotton.  But if I have to pare it down, I will stand by Aussie Moist and Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Masque.
blkhairDNTcare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blkhairDNTcare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 7:20am
quick tip: cold water rinsing and no neat blow drying(if necessary) make your hair super soft and more manageable.cold water closes the hair shaft and makes it smoother. Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>