Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you keep your hair soft and moisturized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
stacy200480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you keep your hair soft and moisturized
    Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 9:31pm
I know that you all have different ways of making your hair soft and moisturized, and i would love to know your personal product and method. Ive been natural for just about year now and i just cant seem to find the thing that keeps my hair moisturized. Basically ladies, i want to steal you guy's methods and see if it works for meWink. So if you dont mind could you please list:
1. the product
2. the method in which you apply the product
3. your hair type

Please and thank you very very much!Smile (im a 4a/b i think by the way)
Sponsored Links

PurplePumps View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 9:34pm
I start with dry hair (mostly 4a with a little 3c and 4b)

To moisturize I use Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme, Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme, Africa's Best Organics Olive Creme, Africa's Best Organics Carrot Creme, or Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (I don't use them all at once, but those are my staples because they're pretty much all the same to me, except the Shea Moisture stuff doesn't give me hold for very long).

Then I seal with coconut oil and braid or twist my hair up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 9:41pm
Wow your avi is beautiful PurplePumps!!
 ive tried alot of those products and i didnt rlly like them except for sheamoisture. Sheamoisture left my hair moderately moisturized but not to the level i was really hoping for. Im going to try the coconut oil since i have that in my pantry. Thanks for your replySmile
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by stacy200480 stacy200480 wrote:

Wow your avi is beautiful PurplePumps!!
 ive tried alot of those products and i didnt rlly like them except for sheamoisture. Sheamoisture left my hair moderately moisturized but not to the level i was really hoping for. Im going to try the coconut oil since i have that in my pantry. Thanks for your replySmile

Thank you! Embarrassed

Coconut oil is my fave oil of all the oils I've tried so far.  It seals well but it's not really heavy or greasy.  What are you using now?  I was using Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave-in before but I heard they changed the formula.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 10:09pm
i recently just put my hair in braids so that it cant take a rest. Before then, i was using sheamoisture and sealed it with Africas Best Herbal Oil. maybe that oil was not good enough to seal with because within a few hours  my hair would feel dry again
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 10:36pm
When my hair was shorter, I had to braid it up and cover it in order to keep the moisture in.  Just moisturizing and sealing wasn't cutting it.

Also, I was using a method to moisturize that's similar to Chicoro's method (water based, then oil based, then creamy).  I would use my water-based conditioner as a leave in (Suave Tropical Coconut). Then I would put some Africa's Best Herbal Oil or EVOO on.  Lastly, I'd use a butter as a final seal.  Coupled with a good moisturizing DC, and keeping my head covered while at home, that method helped my hair to stay moisturized.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 10:42pm
It starts from within...

I begin by removing any product build up by clarifying before any deep treatment,I clarify weekly

Infuse in moisture by DCing with steam or for no less than 2 hrs or overnight

Sealing my cuticles to hold on to that moisture with cold water and ACV rinses

Oil rinsing

Moisturizing and sealing daily or when needed...

tying my hair up at night to retain that moisture

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Jun 20 2011 at 10:43pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2011 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by stacy200480 stacy200480 wrote:

i recently just put my hair in braids so that it cant take a rest. Before then, i was using sheamoisture and sealed it with Africas Best Herbal Oil. maybe that oil was not good enough to seal with because within a few hours  my hair would feel dry again

I love that oil for sealing when I have no coconut oil on hand.  I just got my mom started on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

When my hair was shorter, I had to braid it up and cover it in order to keep the moisture in.  Just moisturizing and sealing wasn't cutting it.

Also, I was using a method to moisturize that's similar to Chicoro's method (water based, then oil based, then creamy).  I would use my water-based conditioner as a leave in (Suave Tropical Coconut). Then I would put some Africa's Best Herbal Oil or EVOO on.  Lastly, I'd use a butter as a final seal.  Coupled with a good moisturizing DC, and keeping my head covered while at home, that method helped my hair to stay moisturized.

What butter did you use? Was it shea butter because i was thinking of getting some for when i take my hair down, but i wasnt sure if it was a good buy. Also wat was your dc? i can never find a good moisturizing one under ten bucks.

BTW your hair is so huge and beautiful! i love it!!Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacy200480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

It starts from within...

I begin by removing any product build up by clarifying before any deep treatment,I clarify weekly

Infuse in moisture by DCing with steam or for no less than 2 hrs or overnight

Sealing my cuticles to hold on to that moisture with cold water and ACV rinses

Oil rinsing

Moisturizing and sealing daily or when needed...

tying my hair up at night to retain that moisture

What do you clarify with? is it a sulfate shampoo or wat?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic