FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How do you hide the lace at the front?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
bellabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you hide the lace at the front?
    Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:58am
I've bought a synthetic wig from my local bss. The cap fits great and it looks good except the hair texture which looks really unnatural and barbie-esque.
I then decided to purchase a human hair lace front wig from www.bargainlacewigs.co.uk
The hair texture is great but I have one big problem, the lace is a little too light for my complexion and even though I have cut it, it still shows slightly as it is too light and I can't cut it any further as the hair will come out.Cry
I am a little darker than Kelly Rowland's color and the lace is medium brown.
Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?
Sponsored Links

thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:03am
Fabricmate from Joann fabric I had to use last nite,, my light brown was a bit ight...
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:39am
That ^ or some have suggested using a bit of foundation/concealer/brown eyeshadow for a quick fix

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 11:15am
I've tried the foundation but it doesn't hide the lace very well, just makes it look a but orangeyConfused
I've ordered a fabric pen now, hopefully that'll do the trick...
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 1:27pm
Powder foundation has worked for me in the past.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 2:23pm
You can also verrrrry carefully dip the edge of the lace in Rit dye, or take a Q-tip and go along the edges.  Make sure you test the Rit dye color on a white paper towel first to make sure that the color is a good match.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:27pm
Thanks for your help ladies. I looked everywhere for this fabric pen and themn found it at the very site which I purchased the lace wig - bargainlacewigs.co.ukLOL They do some great units, would definitely recommend, looks very natural and the texture feels nice.
Now I need to thin out the front to make it look just a little more natural...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic