Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How do you handle procrastination?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you handle procrastination?
    Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:08am
So lately my procrastination is at an all time high. I know part of it is being sick and dealing with meds and stuff but...life goes on and ish needs to get done regardless.

It seems like unless I have a hard deadline that involves other people (like someone needs work from me), then I don't get things done. And even then, I put things off until the last possible moment.

I do use the concept of 20/10's I got from Unf*ck Your Habitat...though for me it's more like 10 minutes of work and 20 minutes of rest. I've also tried banning myself from "fun stuff" (reading, youtube, tv, etc) until all my stuff is done but that hasn't really worked since I give myself excuses.

So any tips?
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:34am
well being a big time procrastinator myself.. I think the best way to get things done are time blocking- I do it a day before or before I start my day I even block in the breaks... the other thing that really helps is to focus my mind on the outcomes I know if I don't do what needs to be done then I won't make money!
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:43am
I set reminders with an alarm on my phone & computer to keep me on track. One for both when a task should begin & end.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:46am
I deal with it later
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:46am
I am on the same boat: I also only do things when I have a deadline or else.... I keep postponing. I haven't been able to handle my procrastination except by doing whatever I need to do or when I am motivated to do what I need to do.

*that reminds me that I need to get out of the computer*
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:47am
I can't do it the need to be organized in me will not allow it to happen. 

Make a list on Sunday of all the things you need to do for the week, split it up and get 3 things a day done.  What is stopping you from doing the things you need done?
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:48am
Banning myself from fun stuff doesn't work for me.

I found that making my work space and chill space seperate helps. And I don't allow myself to work in my chill space. SO If I want to work, I need to get my ass up and go somewhere to do it... and when Im there, maybe I sometimes browse the web and play around initially, but ultimately I would feel guilty if I went all the way to my work space and got nothing done.. therefore something always gets done.

I hope that makes sense.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I deal with it later

This actually made me laugh out loud.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:53am
The other thing I think it changing your space
if I'm at work then I take a walk, If I am at home then I go to the library
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I can't do it the need to be organized in me will not allow it to happen. 

Make a list on Sunday of all the things you need to do for the week, split it up and get 3 things a day done.  What is stopping you from doing the things you need done?

I don't know what's really stopping me...that's the issue.

Because I can clearly get some things done.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic