Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How do you detangle your weave hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you detangle your weave hair?
    Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 10:54am
I have Bobbi Boss Human Hair 100% Premium Yaky in my hair right now. This is the second time I wash it. It detangles when I comb and brush through it, but it  knots up when I go to bed or lay down.

The real question is does anyone know some good detangling techniques they used on their weave?

Sponsored Links

dani454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 12:19pm
#1: Get real remi hair

#2: Get virgin hair

#3: Get unprocessed hair

HTH

gloryx7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloryx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 12:28pm
Dani ~ is not being funny op ( even thou  I was LOL )~ she is really being very helpful...the hair will always tangle unless you have what she listed....
HairPage1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairPage1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 12:43pm

Bleach Bath the hair

neolady22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neolady22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 1:16pm
You dont want to bleach bath the hair- that is THE LAST OPTION- as it is very harsh on the hair.  You can do what the other ladies have said.  You prob washed the coating off the hair- so you can go to the store and get some silicone- Im not sure where you can get it though-but you can start there
neolady22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neolady22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 1:18pm
Also- you need to be mindful of what products you are using- your shampoo and conditioner could be causing the tangling.  Also how are you washing your hair- are you meshing things together- instead of washing in one direction- that could tangle as well
Sharae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 1:57pm
I had that same hair and I went to Sallys and bought some Mane n Tail Detalngling spray and it really helped.
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by neolady22 neolady22 wrote:

Also- you need to be mindful of what products you are using- your shampoo and conditioner could be causing the tangling.  Also how are you washing your hair- are you meshing things together- instead of washing in one direction- that could tangle as well

I don't mush my hair. I don't rub the hair when I washing. I  glide the shampoo in a downward direction. I use sulfate free shampoo and natural conditioner. This wash day I use Suave Almond and Shea shampoo and conditioner. (even though it not natural and sulfate free... people rave about it being moisturizing) I detangle with the conditioner in my hair. Then wash it out, comb through, moisturize it, and let it air dry.

I don't know if the air drying that is causing it.
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Sharae Sharae wrote:

I had that same hair and I went to Sallys and bought some Mane n Tail Detalngling spray and it really helped.

Thank Sharae, I was meaning to purchase it when you post about it on the Bobbi Boss discussion.
dani454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 6:32pm
Honestly, detangling bad hair will also make you lose strands.. and then you'll waste money on hair. I've learned that through someone else who wishes she bought hair online. She has Bobbi Boss, too. And she deals with tangling and shedding so much. Her first install was good - but it didn't last her a second install and now she wants to move on...

And that's how much money down the drain? Money that could have been spent on something worth it? About 200-300$ for both installs that could have been used on multi-use wagmans?

Good luck...
Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>