Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHow Do You Define A Relationship?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lyricale07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do You Define A Relationship?
    Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:09am
I'm doing some research on how people define relationships...please answer with your own personal views, not what seems "PC" or based on  what society says. I would have put this in the Relationship section but TTT gets more traffic. ThanksSmile

1) When did you have your first relationship?

2) Did you have any idea what you were getting into at the time? Did it come easy to you or were you totally clueless?

3)What do you do in a relationship that is different from how you'd normally be?

4)What makes a relationship, a relationship? What makes you decide to want to be with that person?

5) Is it fairly easy for you to get into a relationship, or do you put work into it? If you put work into it, what did/do you do?

6)Do you put more work into actually getting to the relationship level with a person or staying with them?

7) Do you prefer being single or being in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of both?

Any thing else you'd like to add about your thoughts on relationships? 

Thanks againBig%20smile

Edited by Lyricale07 - Oct 29 2009 at 11:13am
Sponsored Links

divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:24am
1) When did you have your first relationship?  child? started at 15-18... adult? 20 (this is the one i'll reference for the rest of the questions)

2) Did you have any idea what you were getting into at the time? Did it come easy to you or were you totally clueless? I had NO idea of what an adult relationship was or how it was supposed to function only ideas and dreams based off of TV, Movies, Radio... and what what I didn't want based off of my parents marriage.  TOTALLY clueless

3)What do you do in a relationship that is different from how you'd normally be? Compromise, I'm a pretty fixed person, traditional, I like things the way I like them and I like to think that i'm right 95% of the time .... you can NOT be that way in a relationship.

4)What makes a relationship, a relationship? What makes you decide to want to be with that person? Assuming of course you mean romantic relationships (as opposed to friendships, professional, etc) I think the things that make up a relationship are going to be different for every 'couple' you come across. However a common/shared goal and a belief that being together is the best way to get to it is a big factor in my relationship(s).

5) Is it fairly easy for you to get into a relationship, or do you put work into it? If you put work into it, what did/do you do? Easy to get into one... harder to maintain it.

6)Do you put more work into actually getting to the relationship level with a person or staying with them? See answer to #5

7) Do you prefer being single or being in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of both? I prefer being in a relationship... i'm that person. Didn't think I was... and really wasn't for a long time. I liked the experimenting that came with being single and the discovery. But as I learned myself I came to realize that i'm that traditional, fixed, corny, domestic chick that prefers genuine relationships with people, values family, and wants to share my life with someone.

HTH
BonaFideDiva View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:30am

1) When did you have your first relationship? Second semester of my freshman year in college.

2) Did you have any idea what you were getting into at the time? Did it come easy to you or were you totally clueless?
I had somewhat of an idea, but it really did come easily. We had a great connection, but there were compromises to be made.

3)What do you do in a relationship that is different from how you'd normally be?
Well, I dont date anyone else for starters...lol...thats about it.

4)What makes a relationship, a relationship? What makes you decide to want to be with that person?
The vibe. Their appearance. Their goals. Their integrity. Their lifestyle. Their opinions and attitudes about and towards me. What they think of women. What they think of relationships.

5) Is it fairly easy for you to get into a relationship, or do you put work into it? If you put work into it, what did/do you do?
Im quite implusive. I can meet someone, like someone, jump into a "relationship" days later, and then two weeks into it, Im all done and have not a lick of interest. I think its fair to say that at this point in my life Im quite fickle and dont take relationships too seriously.  

6)Do you put more work into actually getting to the relationship level with a person or staying with them?
Maintaining definitely takes more work

7) Do you prefer being single or being in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of both? Right now I prefer being single. Being single is cool because u can do what you want, when you want, and not have to consider anyone else. You arent restricted by any means. Relationships are cool because you have a friend and constant source of affection. But you always have to consider the other and compromise.

I think the tone of relationships and all man to woman exchanges have changed for the worst in our community. And with that I'll get off my soapbox! LOL
MINKA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:42am

1) When did you have your first relationship? First "real" one-17

2) Did you have any idea what you were getting into at the time? Did it come easy to you or were you totally clueless? It was easy, for some reason.

3)What do you do in a relationship that is different from how you'd normally be? More in tune with something that might hurt him, being a little more thoughtful and not always putting myself first,

4)What makes a relationship, a relationship? What makes you decide to want to be with that person? Commitment and fun makes a relationship. I need to be with someone i can laugh with, be my sarcastic self with without him taking it to heart. Someone who thinks a lot and talks just as much.... i like to feel like i'm learning from someone im in a relationship with.

5) Is it fairly easy for you to get into a relationship, or do you put work into it? If you put work into it, what did/do you do?It's very hard for me to get in a relationship. My guard is up ALOT and i always have a fear of losing my independence cause i'm so used to doing things my way.

6)Do you put more work into actually getting to the relationship level with a person or staying with them? I put more work into getting there, cause if i decided i'm in a relationship with this person that means i'm ultimately comfortable with him and i'm pretty sure we will be good together. Ofcourse i've been wrong about that a few times.

7) Do you prefer being single or being in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of both? Honestly, i prefer being single. I've been on my own for a while so it's always an adjustment for me when i have to work with someone else on anything that has to do with my life..i like the get up and go of singledom. Not that you can't have that in a relationship but i like not having to compromise.  But having someone who cares about you and supports you and someone you can have regular good sex with is definitely a plus.

binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Lyricale07 Lyricale07 wrote:

I'm doing some research on how people define relationships...please answer with your own personal views, not what seems "PC" or based on  what society says. I would have put this in the Relationship section but TTT gets more traffic. ThanksSmile

1) When did you have your first relationship? 16

2) Did you have any idea what you were getting into at the time? No, I had not had sex and was only use to conversating with guys platonically. 

Did it come easy to you or were you totally clueless? some aspects came easy, such as; conversation, going out on dates (somewhat) and most of the more serious elements I was totally clueless. Like meeting his family, going to HIS family home, holding hands in public.  Now its more effortless bc I dont have expectations and go with the flow.  Only when sex is mentioned is when I start to analyze.

3)What do you do in a relationship that is different from how you'd normally be?  I am a very independent person so I go and come as I please where as in a relationship, a lot of going out would have to include him.  I basically do what I want but in a relationship I have to compromise. normally I can be very blunt as to what I say, in any relationship I have to watch it and be more tactful yet still be honest. I tend to love my space and in a relationship I have to share it

4)What makes a relationship, a relationship? What makes you decide to want to be with that person?  I would like to start off as friends, and become very good friends as a foundation whereas before that wasnt a consideration.  I found that when things become mundane and friendship is not the founation there is nothing left.  For me to decide to be with a person, I would think that while he is my really good friend I have this ah hah moment that he is the one I want to be with.

5) Is it fairly easy for you to get into a relationship, or do you put work into it? If you put work into it, what did/do you do? No, its not easy for me to get into relationships bc I find I become too preoccupied with other things.   I have to make an effort to have a relationship and work at not getting to wrapped up in things such as making money or my own universe..ppl that know me know what i meanLOL

6)Do you put more work into actually getting to the relationship level with a person or staying with them? no i dont put as much work into getting a relationship that I do in maintaining it.

7) Do you prefer being single or being in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of both?  I love being single, free but yet there are times I like having someone for intimate moments or a shoulder to cry on or that male female interaction.  pros: I just stated the cons less freedom

My ideal relationship is like a seat belt (click it)LOL 

Thanks againBig%20smile
Creole_honey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 12:35pm

Anything else you'd like to add about your thoughts on relationships? communication, trust, respect- A relationship lacking any one of those will fail.If a man cheats on you, he DOESN'T respect you.

Edited by Creole_honey - Oct 30 2009 at 10:39pm
bracelet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 1:14pm

1) When did you have your first relationship? When I was around 18-19

2) Did you have any idea what you were getting into at the time? Did it come easy to you or were you totally clueless? No, I didnt have any idea what I was getting myself into...all I knew was that I really liked this person, he liked me and I wanted to hang out w/him, movies, game arcades, bowling...

3)What do you do in a relationship that is different from how you'd normally be? Suck d*... oh um...I mean...I guess Im jus a little bit more "jittery" (for lack of better words) if ya know what I mean...I love every minute Im with my bf and I cherish my time with him...I can't say the same when Im around other ppl (besides my family)...its jus different.

4)What makes a relationship, a relationship? What makes you decide to want to be with that person?  Relationship can have different contexts.  If your talking about the type of relationship you have with someone that consider your s/o---then IMO a relationship is the agreement that two ppl make that manifests their feelings for one another as well as an emotional contractual agreement to be emotionally and physically faithful to that person.   For me, what makes me decide to be with a person is jus that overbearing feeling of "Ive gotta have more" of this person in my life.  I remember My bf and I's 2cnd date he asked me to go with him to the DMV...lemme tell u...this boy was SOOOOOOOO unorganized, papers everywhere, lost, confused, dazed, clueless, and when he saw my look of dismay he would look @ me and say.."Dont judge me"...I just thought is was hilarious. Becuase I was bought up in  a family that laughed all the time...and this guy exhibited the same goofiness and more, I knew we'd have a blast and of course we've been together ever since.

5) Is it fairly easy for you to get into a relationship, or do you put work into it? If you put work into it, what did/do you do? Getting into a relationship has ALOT to do with physical attraction and pheramones. If the chemistry is there, the will to make it work, then the relationship should work.  For me, it is somewhat easy for me to get into relationships; but the older I've become the more picky i've become.  I however am in a great relationship...

6)Do you put more work into actually getting to the relationship level with a person or staying with them? Probably the initial getting into a relationship phase.  Those are the critical moments...

7) Do you prefer being single or being in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of both?  I prefer bieng IN a relationship...I personally think its not good to be single...I do know that that was the reason why Eve was created for Adam...but anywho..THe Pros of bieng in a relationship is of course having that feeling of nurture, love, and constant affection...Now this is of course if your in a HEALTHY relationship. Con's of bieng in a relationship is that you sometimes may have to sacrifice the things you want to do, or like to do to make your s/o happy...For instance...I have a gross bad habit of never finishing my food and instead of throwing it away I let it sit in the fridge for 4-5 days. He freaks out when I do this, so I try not to... Pro's of bieng single- you have Absolutely NO Restrictions (dam i miss dem days). Can go wherever, do whoever...uh i mean do whatever u want.  Con's- ugh the holiday season... especially valentines and christmas was hard for me. 

Noppity dope nope  HTH's!! Star
Lyricale07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 4:18pm
Thanks for the responses, I probably should have mentioned that it wasn't necessary to answer all the questionsLOL
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Lyricale07 Lyricale07 wrote:

Thanks for the responses, I probably should have mentioned that it wasn't necessary to answer all the questionsLOL
Smiley%20launching%20tomatoes.gif
bracelet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 7:25pm
Lyricale07- is that u in ur avi? if so u are Gorgeous!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic