Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedHow do you cut layers into your weave?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you cut layers into your weave?
    Posted: Sep 27 2008 at 11:08pm
This is actually 2 questions

1. How do you cut layers into your weave?

I am a self installer and I just put in 18 at the bottom14 at the top for layers, but it isnt enough. I want it to fall into a v so it can look natural. I was thinking to cut each weft individually before I sewed in it, like half to a whole inch shorter at inward/dwnward angle.

Is that confusing? Plausible?

2. I thought I was buying Human Hair. It dint say 100% but it did say human. SO I read up and I found that as long as there is 10% Human hair in it they can lable it as such.

Ok so its mixed with some other crap cuz its itchy as hell!!!!!!! How do I make it soft cuz its been 2 days and Im bout to have to take this out.
Sponsored Links

HairGirl203 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 3:38am
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

This is actually 2 questions

1. How do you cut layers into your weave?

Im not good at explaining ...But here goes ....I  define my layers in the back which where already pre existing because i used multiple lenghs ....being that there are already pre existing layers from the multiple lenghs i Just pic up the straggly ends per lenghs and razor off with a Razor comb this method probably wont work with Bss hair cause typically they dont have straggly ends ...Hope you understood that i not good at explanations lol ...When i do layers around my face i start at my cheek bones i pick up the hair in the front and i shave the razor comb back in tnto the hair ...I shave back a little at time to make sure i get the type of cut i want ......

I am a self installer and I just put in 18 at the bottom14 at the top for layers, but it isnt enough. I want it to fall into a v so it can look natural. I was thinking to cut each weft individually before I sewed in it, like half to a whole inch shorter at inward/dwnward angle.

I have though about trying the same thing but for square step type layers ...I think trying to cut the hair into a V Cut type layer could prove problematic and make you wind up with uneven hair ...I hope one of the vets come in and answer ur question about this ....And if not i will test out the square type type layers on my next install Smile..
Is that confusing? Plausible?

2. I thought I was buying Human Hair. It dint say 100% but it did say human. SO I read up and I found that as long as there is 10% Human hair in it they can lable it as such.

Yup this is why i dont play in BSS hair anymore ....You could have Yak belly hair in ya head ...I dont feel comfy Knowing that lol

Ok so its mixed with some other crap cuz its itchy as hell!!!!!!! How do I make it soft cuz its been 2 days and Im bout to have to take this out.

You could probably try deep conditioning the hair with a  intensive Moisturizering deep conditioner ..Or getting some type Anti inch leave and applying it with a nozzle under the tracks .I havent had this problem so im not speaking from experience ..But it just sounds logical to me Smile

Edited by HairGirl203 - Sep 28 2008 at 3:41am
HairGirl203 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 9:43am
ahem ...BUMP

Edited by HairGirl203 - Sep 28 2008 at 9:43am
ccbjc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 10:18am
I use the method in this link
marilyn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 2:52pm
Why don,t you let some one cut it for you after you install. Cutting it your self can be pretty difficult. Let some one get it right the first time because if you try then that is hair down the drain if you mess it up, that is if you care.

How much did you pay for that hair?
What is the name of the brand?

Edited by marilyn - Sep 28 2008 at 2:54pm
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 3:42pm
Ms. Marilyn,

I was thinking about doing that. There a hair cuttery up the road. I havent gone yet b/c Im debating on whether I should take it out or not SINCE ITs SO ITCHY. Thank god it was on sale, so I wont feel bad. 14inch was 9.99 18 was 13.99. When I go cheap I usualy buy Princess hair but they dont carry it anymore.

Its Elegant brand Yaki hair. We have a chain of beauty suppy stores here called Elegant beauty supplies. Its the cheapest hair in the store since its their own brand.

Thank you ladies! HairGirl, you are too cute!
Alisha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 5:41pm

I expeirament with my hair all the time. What I did is flip my head down and gathered all my hair into a pony, then I just cut it straight accross! Thats it and I got some great layers. I have in a 12inch closure and a 14inch lace weave base made by hollywood. so it was already kinda layered. The pic is in my avi.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic