Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Beauty Tips - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHow do you cleanse your yoni?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Chey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you cleanse your yoni?
    Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 9:42pm
Also known as coochie?

I simply use dove soap and hot water but I know some females douche and use all natural yogourt to regulate the bacteria and steer from feminine infections.

I use a loofah on my body but i use my hands to wash that area. 
Im thinking of using a wash cloth to get deep inside, but I dont know if thats a bad idea?

What do you ladies think?
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 12:43pm
I would definitely consult with your gynecologist.  You don't want to risk a resistant strain of BV.
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:01pm
A healthy vaginal canal needs no help in cleansing itself.  If it itches, has any odor, has white or colored discharge, if it stings, then you DO have an infection.  Didn't your mother ever tell you not put things inside your vagina? LOL

The outer vulva, pudenda, and mons pubis can all have the soap of course, but wash your inner petals with water only please.  Only use the yogurt/garlic clove/ACV/natural remedies when you feel an infection coming on... not all the time.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:07pm
please dont do that. A lot times when we have issues with our bodies we need to pay attention to what we are eating. If your diet is high in sugar and processed fatty foods it may disrupt the health of your vagina. Rather than sticking things up there to "clean" it why not clean up your diet. I know whenever I feel like something is right with my vagina I start consuming a lot of yogurt, fresh fruits, and water. Works very well for me.
lisey_89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:20pm
i like to use Summer's Eve soap after my period ends and whenever I know I'm gonna have sex. Every other time, I just clean it with water
Chey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 3:16pm
Thanks girls, theres nothing wrong but I was just curious!
I know some ladies do alot more than others n was wondering if I should as well.

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2011 at 8:56am
A lot of younger sister truly have no guidance at home so the net is their resourse.  As an oldhead, I'll tell you...you don't need to use hot water to wash your self.  A matter of fact, super hot water is drying to the skin. Normal warm water is acceptable.  Also for hygenie...you don't need to use any special soaps.  You just need to shower or bath every day.

When a vagina has an odor that means one of a few things:
1) Time to shower.   Everybody, every woman, if you have showered early in the morning...urined all day at work ....by the time you get home. Your vagina might have a slight vaginal smell.  Not a bad smell but a urine smell.  That is why it is key before sex with a man to clean yourself.

2) You notice a smell after you urine -  That indicates you might have an inbalance in your body. 

Throughout your menstrual cycle, it's normal to have a variety of vaginal discharges. Vaginal discharge can take the form of the non-fertile, viscous- and sticky-type discharge to the very fertile, slippery- and clear-type discharge that occurs close to menstruation. Abnormal discharges are accompanied by itchiness, raunchy smells, and/ or gray-, yellow- or green-colored discharges.

The second step to restoring your vagina to health involves to ruling out the possibility of having vaginal conditions like bacterial vaginosis, a yeast infection or trichomonas vaginitis. 

This is the time to visit your gyn.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2011 at 8:59am
Another thing to watch for is -

Bacterial vaginosis (BV), the cause of bacterial vaginosis remains unclear but this condition can be  linked to sexual activity and douching but it is not always connected to those issues.

Vaginal lactobacilli are required to maintain a healthy pH and bacterial balance within the vagina. Once this balance is disrupted by a virus, the vagina no longer has a protective barrier and is more susceptible to infection.

Yeast infection

If you've used antibiotics, been pregnant, have diabetes, or wear tight clothing, chances are you've experienced an overgrowth of vaginal yeast. Overgrowth of the yeast Candida albicans is largely blamed for causing yeast infections.  Most women find their yeast infection treatment in over-the-counter preparations at drug stores. Other times you can find yeast infection relief by moderating your sugar intake and supplementing your diet with more foods that contain Lactobacillus (L.).

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2011 at 9:04am
An over the counter item that has GOOD BACTERIA to keep the vagina smelling good and in balance is Phillips' Colon Health Probiotic Caps.

Phillips' Colon Health Probiotic Caps is a probiotic supplement that helps replenish the good bacteria in your colon. When taken daily, it helps support a healthy immune system and it supports your overall digestive health and helps defend against occasional constipation, diarrhea, gas and bloating.

Another item that gives you the good bateria your vagina needs is Acidophilus Pills.  These are sold at most GNC's and this is a source of good bacteria. Acidophilus supplements have been demonstrated to help keep the bowels healthy. Some people have used acidophilus supplements to treat yeast infections, help with diarrhea, aid in the digestion of lactose, lower cholesterol, and otherwise help stave off disease by preventing the growth of harmful bacteria.

Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2011 at 9:43am
Sunshine, I believe all this knowledge is somehow not making it into the brains of so many women. (This is not a slight against you, Chey, I'm speaking in general terms now.)  There is still a pervasive belief that the vagina is "dirty", and needs to be purged by hand.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic