How do you budget your earnings?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you budget your earnings?
    Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 2:11am
You can give rough percentages if you'd like or give your strategies to portioning your earnings for appropriate use.

For example: I have a checking and a savings, and I have a reloadable card that I put money on every month for recreation/wants (as opposed to needs) so I can keep my unnecessary spending in check.

Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:23am
The biggest thing that has helped me is that I get paid only once a month.  All rent, utilities, and other major expenses are paid that day.  After that, I give myself a certain amount of cash and one credit card with a very low limit that I use for daily expenses that must be paid off by the next pay day.  Once the money is gone, though, it's gone until next pay day, so I really do need to be careful.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:42am
i don't have any earnings but when I did, I paid my bills right away and then put aside (in savings) about $150 a check. With the help of my parents (who paid most of my bills; car note, phone bill, insurance), military benefits and my job as an RA supervisor during undergrad I was able to save $14,000 during my 4 years in school, only being paid a minimal amount, once a month.

Edited by csungrl09 - Sep 24 2013 at 9:43am
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:46am
I let my company direct deposit 40% of my after-tax earnings to a savings account.

This is my budget template

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:54am
Every pay period I split my bills up so that a small amount goes toward each bill so when the time comes to pay them I'm not surprised or struggling to put my money together. I also pay myself both in my checking account and with cash and the rest goes to savings.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic